Supporters Club tickets

As I've said above. That's not the case with the 3 different branches that I've been a member of in the past.

Using their travel was compulsory for the majority of members who wanted to go to an away game.
Even if they didn't get their ticket through the OSC? If I get my ticket through my own points (22.5k) but I'm also a member of an OSC (we only ever get 2 tickets from the club) surely I can do what I want with regards how I get to a ground? (unless the OSC is getting enough tickets to justify putting travel on)

Last edited:
If the distribution of away tickets had any ounce of integrity about it then my one basket would be fine for around 15 of the 19 away games in the Premier League and the vast majority of any cup game away from home either domestically or in Europe.

I get what you mean but being part of a branch just isn't for me and if it limits my opportunity to get an away ticket then so be it.

A proportion of the away allocation going to ballot would get my vote. A similar amount that's allocated to the OSC and the 18-25 bracket.
A person of principles fair play to you. I’m more of I’m alright jack person and will try every avenue to get a ticket to all games

Fortunately I’m in a position that will get a ticket from the OSC and have enough points to get to 99% of games. If it’s any consolation to you I take the OSC ticket and leave my loyalty points ticket in the loyalty points pot

Even if they didn't get their ticket through the OSC? If I get my ticket through my own points (22.5k) but I also a member of an OSC (we only ever get 2 tickets from the club) surely I can do what I want with regards how I get to a ground? (unless the OSC is getting enough tickets to justify putting travel on)
Yes.

Regarding OSC ticket allocations, for all those years we’ve had physical / paper tickets it’s usually been the job of somebody in the Branch to get the tickets sent by City / the OSC to individual members. The tickets tended to get sent out later and later by the Club. Thus it was easier to give OSC tickets out to people travelling with the Supporters Club Branch, or who would at least pick the tickets up from the ticket Secretary. Not everyone is helpful though and I get the feeling that Blues who celebrate themselves as “free spirits” might not have been the easiest to pass tickets on to. Things are changing with electronic tickets.

I’ve never heard of Branches insisting 100% that people need to use their travel to get the chance of a ticket. It may well happen though. They are called Branches and members for a reason though and anyone expecting a ticjet whose never attended a meeting or travelled with a Branch should be told where to go IMHO.

Last edited:
You don't have to travel with the supporter club, you can buy tickets and travel on your own.
I think what he's saying is the if you wanted a ticket from an OSC and didn't have the points to get one yourself they would give you one but only if you used their Bus.

I think what he's saying is the if you wanted a ticket from an OSC and didn't have the points to get one yourself they would give you one but only if you used their Bus.
By the time the poster joined their third Branch, maybe they could have asked about the Branch ticketing policy?

It's pretty widely known the UK OSC receive 20% of the ticket allocation ie 600 from 3k, applications are invited from every branch who can apply for as many as they like, but what they receive depends on past tickets applications particularly amount taken for games that were less fancied FA Cup semis etc. Then the number of branch members, we're lucky now to receive two.
The problem was, maybe still is that if any tickets given to an OSC were not taken up they would not return them to the Club for fear of getting a reduced allocation when they next applied.

The problem was, maybe still is that if any tickets given to an OSC were not taken up they would not return them to the Club for fear of getting a reduced allocation when they next applied.
They club have addressed that situation each ticket now is awarded to a branch member who receives an email giving them 48 hours to pay for it, if they don’t it’s removed from the branch allocation. Think that’s about the best they can do.

Even if they didn't get their ticket through the OSC? If I get my ticket through my own points (22.5k) but I'm also a member of an OSC (we only ever get 2 tickets from the club) surely I can do what I want with regards how I get to a ground? (unless the OSC is getting enough tickets to justify putting travel on)
I'd assume that If you've bought your own ticket you wouldn't be expected to travel with the branch. If you've got one through the OSC then you would. But the branch would have to be aware that you plan on getting your own ticket etc for the game.

I didn't put our names down for an away game with the branch on an occasion as we wanted to go via our own travel arrangements. Anyway, I rang the club to book the 2 away tickets and was informed that the tickets had already been allocated. The branch used our tickets, presumably for other branch members who'd not qualified to use. I asked the travel secretary about us using our own tickets and although we got our tickets it was made clear that being a member of the branch its expected that we travel with the branch and that the branch can use our seasoncards when we're not on their list for an away game.

I've not been a member of a branch since around 2014 so whether things have changed or not I don't know. Filling the coaches booked was a main priority for the travel secretary and tickets fill seats so us taking our tickets out of the pool was frowned upon.

Yes.

Regarding OSC ticket allocations, for all those years we’ve had physical / paper tickets it’s usually been the job of somebody in the Branch to get the tickets sent by City / the OSC to individual members. The tickets tended to get sent out later and later by the Club. Thus it was easier to give OSC tickets out to people travelling with the Supporters Club Branch, or who would at least pick the tickets up from the ticket Secretary. Not everyone is helpful though and I get the feeling that Blues who celebrate themselves as “free spirits” might not have been the easiest to pass tickets on to. Things are changing with electronic tickets.

I’ve never heard of Branches insisting 100% that people need to use their travel to get the chance of a ticket. It may well happen though. They are called Branches and members for a reason though and anyone expecting a ticjet whose never attended a meeting or travelled with a Branch should be told where to go IMHO.
With our branch unless the bus is full if you get a branch ticket it’s on condition you fill a seat on transport, not that there’s many spare anymore.

These days I feel the the allocation that the OSC receive should just go into the general pool for season card holders.

The majority of OSC members have the required points to get to the majority of games and thus fill spaces on coaches so why the need for a separate allocation?

However, I'd rather the OSC got an allocation than sponsors or the friends and family of players as in theory the tickets are still ending up in the hands of proper blues (regardless of their points amount)

The club really need to get a transparent system in place whereas we can all see where we are in the chain and thus make an informed decision regarding platinum or gold season cards.

England supporters club had a system where you could see where in the chain you were and how many supporters where above you in that chain. I've not followed England in over 10 years either. It doesn't seem that hard to implement but there's obviously a reason as to why the club haven't or won't implement such a system. Someone's making a few bob off the back of the demand for tickets I'd assume.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.