Swings and Roundabouts -Decisions for and Against

what about their goal, had any TV make analysis of it. When they showed replays it looks solid offside
daa89439ef8f17d9df52c2448ffaecef.png

Doesn't look offside.

You mean the one that had zero comment on or replays shown?
They showed a replay of the goal, they even paused it at the initial pass to Korb for us to judge if it was onside or not. This is directly from the broadcast:

but the chance they had at the start of the second half where the attacker ran on to a flicked header was about three yards offside.

Tragic decision.

The one I was most surprised didn't get any notice was immediately in the second half, someone flicked a ball on with a header to a guy who seemed even further offside than Walker was at the weekend - resulting in Hart having to make a save. There was no replays of the incident but it looked like the worst decision of the night to me even if it didn't lead to any repercussions.[/QUOTE]

Did he actually flick it on though? I thought it was miles offside but when BT replayed it I thought it looked like he hadn't touched it.

daa89439ef8f17d9df52c2448ffaecef.png

Doesn't look offside.

They showed a replay of the goal, they even paused it at the initial pass to Korb for us to judge if it was onside or not. This is directly from the broadcast:

Tragic decision.

strewth! missed that in the game, 5 yards offside!
AR clearly doesn't see the flick on but there has to be communication between the AR and ref (who must have suspected offside) at this point to ensure the correct decision is made.

Something tells me you're not seeing many decisions from a neutral point of view eh.

The refs had 3 big decisions to make & got them all wrong. First penalty was a dive, the dive & booking was a penalty, and the ball crossed the line quite obviously. No bias, just shite from the officials behind the goals.

The one I was most surprised didn't get any notice was immediately in the second half, someone flicked a ball on with a header to a guy who seemed even further offside than Walker was at the weekend - resulting in Hart having to make a save. There was no replays of the incident but it looked like the worst decision of the night to me even if it didn't lead to any repercussions.

The point people are missing here is that the second penalty was likely not given because of the first dodgy penalty being given.

I was apoplectic about the do michelis goal not being given despite scoring immediately simply because had Otamendi not struck the ball well we would have been denied a clear goal and at that point the officials had no idea Otamendi was going to put it in. Not having had the goal allowed could have seriously dented all our champs league aspiration irrevocably. Blatant cheating, again the decision wasn't even close.

Contrast that with the rags trailing one nil and a ball that hits the defenders hand from a coupe of yards away. Penalty and the rest rags back in the match. Complete and utter joke.

The point people are missing here is that the second penalty was likely not given because of the first dodgy penalty being given.

I was apoplectic about the do michelis goal not being given despite scoring immediately simply because had Otamendi not struck the ball well we would have been denied a clear goal and at that point the officials had no idea Otamendi was going to put it in. Not having had the goal allowed could have seriously dented all our champs league aspiration irrevocably. Blatant cheating, again the decision wasn't even close.

Contrast that with the rags trailing one nil and a ball that hits the defenders hand from a coupe of yards away. Penalty and the rest rags back in the match. Complete and utter joke.
I see what you're saying but I think I'd buy that point of view if the 2nd decision was after half time - when the ref's have had a chance to see they were wrong about the first decision. But at that point in time you have to assume they still feel they were right so why should that swing them? Honestly I think they just had a shite game all round, had 4 big calls to make & got 3 of them horribly wrong. Add onto that some of the decisions that weren't game changing like the flick on that the videos of have now appeared & it was another all round woeful day for the officials.

Also don't buy that we're being singled out for bad decisions, I've already posted on this thread in the past about what's the point of it if the OP isn't going to be neutral about what he puts on - being biased on a thread about people being biased against us makes no sense to me.

As for United, yeah they're getting the rub of the green currently no doubt, I live with a few United fans & even they accept & laugh about how much is going their way. If it lasts the entire season of everything falling into place for them it will be some feat.

Not getting the rub of the green at the moment. In just the last 3 games there has been the following incidents:
West Ham - goal resulting from a corner that should have been a goal kick.
Spurs - 2 very obvious offside goals
MB- Ball crosses line by 2 feet but goal not given even though there is an official watching the goal line.
Following a flicked header MB payer is 2 yards offside but not given. Luckily Jo makes the save.
Penalty awarded for a dive, Jo saves.

That's the swings. Has they been fairly balanced out by the roundabouts, which comprise a second penalty not being awarded at BM. Probably due the mistake of awarding the first.
We do seem to be more than a tad unlucky with decisions at the moment. Perhaps our roundabout will fill up at the swamp. Not holding my breath.

West Ham - goal resulting from a corner that should have been a goal kick.
I've zoomed the incident 500x and if anything it looks clearly out of play. I've put a red line on the far edge of the touchline, from the replay angle shown it indicates that almost all of Kolarov's left leg was over the touchline.

0f1e9adfbc620d88580e8bee1b5602e9.png

Here is how it looked like without the magnification. It's worth noting that the assistant referee made his decision immediately, and there was no protest from either player.

648200a80d40057a0d79bd3833768d1c.png

I thought the entire purpose of this thread was to show clear-cut decisions.

I've zoomed the incident 500x and if anything it looks clearly out of play. I've put a red line on the far edge of the touchline, from the replay angle shown it indicates that almost all of Kolarov's left leg was over the touchline.

0f1e9adfbc620d88580e8bee1b5602e9.png

Here is how it looked like without the magnification. It's worth noting that the assistant referee made his decision immediately, and there was no protest from either player.

648200a80d40057a0d79bd3833768d1c.png

I thought the entire purpose of this thread was to show clear-cut decisions.

A lot of these decisions are marginal. I can even see why the first pen was given. The stupidity of Ottamendi gave their bloke the chance to do what he did and I can see why at game pace it was given. It's only when it is replayed 10 times that more doubt is cast. We only get it at camera view not officials view so it's hard to know what they see.

The offsides at Spurs were terrible and clear injustices and ours was marginal so again not worth debate.

That offside last night was terrible but luckily didn't cost us.

The goal not given was a clear injustice.

These are the 3 major incidents that have gone against us and cost us or could have done had the rebound not gone in.

Their goal looks just onside or level so not a major issue with that one.

We have benefitted with the not given penalty last night. Looked a clear penalty to me and I'm not sure why people are saying it wasn't. Rash from Fernandinho. We also benefitted in the Juventus game because that looked a foul for our goal.

Overall we get the raw deal but some of the marginal ones like you say, are very hard to see at full on game pace.

Let's be clear, the officials tried everything to put us out, they had to give the Aguero pen because even they have to give stonewallers, but the way the Lino was looking straight at DM's goal & didn't give it, well it smells, after the Lino looking straight at the Spurs offside & not giving that forgive me if I think they're all bent cunts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.