Talksport now (continued)

Pigeonho said:
bobmcfc said:
Pigeonho said:
Yeah they are. Whilst it's still on, it's not impossible or ridiculous. Personally I think we will end up with at least 2 from 4, possibly a domestic treble.

It just feels like they are setting us up for a fall. We see it every week, getting giddy because we win 5 nill then get on our backs for only scoring 1 goal. I'd just like them to stay level headed and let us just get on with it one game at a time
They can't win though can they? If they didn't praise us like this for the way we are playing, which has earned such praise, then people would say they are ignoring us and 'they wouldn't ignore united like that'. They are praising us though, massively, (sorry Ducado), yet people still say they are doing it in a negative way!
I'll change my opinion the time they praise us for playing well but losing a game like the villa one, instead of slagging us off and ignoring the shit refereeing, especially after the fuss at the weekend, until then, i'll remain sceptical.

Pigeonho said:
bobmcfc said:
Pigeonho said:
Yeah they are. Whilst it's still on, it's not impossible or ridiculous. Personally I think we will end up with at least 2 from 4, possibly a domestic treble.

It just feels like they are setting us up for a fall. We see it every week, getting giddy because we win 5 nill then get on our backs for only scoring 1 goal. I'd just like them to stay level headed and let us just get on with it one game at a time
They can't win though can they? If they didn't praise us like this for the way we are playing, which has earned such praise, then people would say they are ignoring us and 'they wouldn't ignore united like that'. They are praising us though, massively, (sorry Ducado), yet people still say they are doing it in a negative way!

We deserve the praise but talk of the quadruple is very premature. I'd like to talk about that if we manage to make it to the final. Let's see how we cope facing Barcelona before we let them get carried away ;)

aguero93:20 said:
Pigeonho said:
bobmcfc said:
I'll change my opinion the time they praise us for playing well but losing a game like the villa one, instead of slagging us off and ignoring the shit refereeing, especially after the fuss at the weekend, until then, i'll remain sceptical.
The Villa game was lost due to stupid mistakes, and they will pick up on that all day long. Plus, that was at the start of the season when we weren't on this mega run of knocking everyone for 4, 5 or 6 goals. Those results aren't fluke, and they can see that, hence their praise and questions of a complete haul of trophies, something nobody has done yet.

Pigeonho said:
Pigeonho said:
The Villa game was lost due to stupid mistakes, and they will pick up on that all day long. Plus, that was at the start of the season when we weren't on this mega run of knocking everyone for 4, 5 or 6 goals. Those results aren't fluke, and they can see that, hence their praise and questions of a complete haul of trophies, something nobody has done yet.
Nah, I reckon we lose one game and the 'wheels falling off' shit will start, feel free to bring this back up if I'm wrong.

Pigeonho said:
Nah, I reckon we lose one game and the 'wheels falling off' shit will start, feel free to bring this back up if I'm wrong.
After one loss, (and I can't see where that will come from at the mo), I bet they won't say the wheels are falling off. After 3 or 4 straight losses then yes, but then again we would think the same.
The Barca match will be interesting. If we get humbled, like Bayern at home, then they will say something like we got brought down to earth or 'men v boys' or something. If we beat them though it will be crowned by them all as nothing short of magnificent. They couldn't report it any other way.

Inter Me Nan said:
Can the quad be done in other countries though?
I always thought they just had one cup comp to our two!
Germany, France, Portugal and a few others have 2 domestic cups, can't do it in Spain or Italy.

Pigeonho said:
Pigeonho said:
After one loss, (and I can't see where that will come from at the mo), I bet they won't say the wheels are falling off. After 3 or 4 straight losses then yes, but then again we would think the same.
The Barca match will be interesting. If we get humbled, like Bayern at home, then they will say something like we got brought down to earth or 'men v boys' or something. If we beat them though it will be crowned by them all as nothing short of magnificent. They couldn't report it any other way.
Whereas we'll just start after one match here on BM :) Sunderland game was the last one we lost, wasn't it? we're due another one soon I think, be handy if it was Wet Spam.

Pigeonho said:
Whereas we'll just start after one match here on BM :) Sunderland game was the last one we lost, wasn't it? we're due another one soon I think, be handy if it was Wet Spam.
I was looking at the fixtures and whilst i'm sure some of it is giddyitis setting in, I can't see where the next league loss is coming from. We will win our next domestic cup ties, the final included, and I see us beating Barca at home. We might get beat in Spain, but that wouldn't be any shame. I think we can do enough damage at home to afford a defeat. Remember dreading games like Spurs away, whereas now it can't come soon enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.