Talksport now (continued)

aguero93:20 said:
Inter Me Nan said:
Can the quad be done in other countries though?
I always thought they just had one cup comp to our two!
Germany, France, Portugal and a few others have 2 domestic cups, can't do it in Spain or Italy.
It can be done in Italy and Spain. Its different as its cup winners vs league winners but they take it seriously unlike the english glorified friendly community shield

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Inter Me Nan said:
Can the quad be done in other countries though?
I always thought they just had one cup comp to our two!
Germany, France, Portugal and a few others have 2 domestic cups, can't do it in Spain or Italy.
It can be done in Italy and Spain. Its different as its cup winners vs league winners but they take it seriously unlike the english glorified friendly community shield
Ah super cup. but even that becomes a mockery when it's Double winners vs league runners up and that's the only way you can really do it in the same season imo.

Pigeonho said:
Bilboblue said:
Not a lot of the last few pages is actually about the thread title fellas......
Err do you fucking mind? I'm having an anti-agenda outburst thank you very much! ;-)
PMSL ....you never give up, like a dog with a juicy bone, keep trying Pidge you might convince some of us one day

blue underpants said:
Pigeonho said:
Bilboblue said:
Not a lot of the last few pages is actually about the thread title fellas......
Err do you fucking mind? I'm having an anti-agenda outburst thank you very much! ;-)
PMSL ....you never give up, like a dog with a juicy bone, keep trying Pidge you might convince some of us one day
;-)

I can't help but think that losing those points to Cardiff, Sunderland and Villa whilst still having to play Scum, Pool, Spurs, Arsenal away will mean we miss out on the PL this year.

We still look suspect at the back away from home, we'll get punished soon and we'll not beable to score our way out of it.

I think Chelsea (all though it pains me) grind out results consistently, I don't see them being stopped now.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Ah super cup. but even that becomes a mockery when it's Double winners vs league runners up and that's the only way you can really do it in the same season imo.
Good point actually so they can do the quad as long as no one has done the double the year before haha

lmjones1uk said:
I can't help but think that losing those points to Cardiff, Sunderland and Villa whilst still having to play Scum, Pool, Spurs, Arsenal away will mean we miss out on the PL this year.

We still look suspect at the back away from home, we'll get punished soon and we'll not beable to score our way out of it.

I think Chelsea (all though it pains me) grind out results consistently, I don't see them being stopped now.
That means opposition would have to be scoring 2 or 3 though. Look at our run since beginning of December. I can't see any team being able to do much damage to us, and the beauty is we've already played Chelsea away so that's history. Beat them at home and that's us equal in terms of points against each other. Spurs away? We'll beat them. United away? We'll beat them. I'd take a draw at Emirates immediately. We are going to win all our home games, all of them.
We're fucking ace.

laserblue said:
Pigeonho said:
bobmcfc said:
Are they talking treble or quadruple ? The treble might be a possibility but it's ridiculous to talk about the quad
Yeah they are. Whilst it's still on, it's not impossible or ridiculous. Personally I think we will end up with at least 2 from 4, possibly a domestic treble.

The quad would be the greatest team achievement of all time but realistically I'd be happy with title (the main aim from the start) and the League Cup (having effectively got to the final). That would be brilliant enough but anything more would be awesome. However, I remember the Leeds in the 70s who would typically enter March and April something like top of the league, in the League Cup final, the FA Cup quarter/semi final and a European quarter/semi final but ended up winning nothing, mainly because of the fixture pile up.
Your right to talk about a team like Leeds in the 70s . We don't want to end up like them being runners up in everything .

Pigeonho said:
lmjones1uk said:

That means opposition would have to be scoring 2 or 3 though. Look at our run since beginning of December. I can't see any team being able to do much damage to us, and the beauty is we've already played Chelsea away so that's history. Beat them at home and that's us equal in terms of points against each other. Spurs away? We'll beat them. United away? We'll beat them. I'd take a draw at Emirates immediately. We are going to win all our home games, all of them.
We're fucking ace.
EXACTLY. All these naysaying posts seem to think the only time our rivals will drop points is if we beat them, far wide of the mark.

Pigeonho said:
I was looking at the fixtures and whilst i'm sure some of it is giddyitis setting in, I can't see where the next league loss is coming from.
Chelsea at home. They will come here, and true Mourinho style they will absolutely kill the game, and nick a goal late on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.