"Teeth" says celtic would be top 6 in prem

For them to be successful this would have to happen. Still no guarantee.

No but Celtic would be an attractive proposition to a potential investor. More so than say, Newcastle. The strength of their overseas fanbase, especially in the States, would cause dollar signs to light up in the eyes of prospective buyers.

No but Celtic would be an attractive proposition to a potential investor. More so than say, Newcastle. The strength of their overseas fanbase, especially in the States, would cause dollar signs to light up in the eyes of prospective buyers.
Can't argue with that.
We have seen ourselves how much it can cost and still there are no guarantees.

He can only dream. I wonder if this is part of magicpoles pick and mix independence plan. Free trade with UK, Scots still subsidised by the UK, keep the pound, Celtic in the Premier League and total independence lol.

I don't see any way you can justify that statement.
Huge fanbase, especially in the UK and North America which would make them attractive to new sponspors/investors with the coverage and
tv money they'd get in the premier league.
Excellent infrastructure with a 60,000 seater stadium and the traning ground is new-ish, and the best up there at least.
Billionaire shareholder who they could tap for short term investment needed to compete.
A good European pedigree, regularly competing in the group stages which would make them a known quantity to most players.
I'd say within 5-7 years they'd be knocking around the top 4-6 regularly.

Huge fanbase, especially in the UK and North America which would make them attractive to new sponspors/investors with the coverage and
tv money they'd get in the premier league.
Excellent infrastructure with a 60,000 seater stadium and the traning ground is new-ish, and the best up there at least.
Billionaire shareholder who they could tap for short term investment needed to compete.
A good European pedigree, regularly competing in the group stages which would make them a known quantity to most players.
I'd say within 5-7 years they'd be knocking around the top 4-6 regularly.
Yeah but let's have a think about this, in a few years, then that capacity would be matched or beaten by:

United
City
Arsenal
Spurs
Liverpool
West Ham
Chelsea
Newcastle

So yeah they may get a few people walking through the doors (but as a percentage of income, gate receipts mean very little these days, especially as Glasgow can't demand London prices), but a decent capacity means very little, they'd be one of nine or ten teams able to get 55k plus average gates. There's absolutely no guarantee they'd be any more successful than anyone. Look at United, one of the largest teams in the world and have had 70k plus for the best part of 20 years and they are about to finish outside the top four for a third time in four years.

No chance it will even be considered with Sturgeon wanting another referendum. I think they would be top 6 in 5 years of building and investing in top drawer players.

Yeah but let's have a think about this, in a few years, then that capacity would be matched or beaten by:

United
City
Arsenal
Spurs
Liverpool
West Ham
Chelsea
Newcastle

So yeah they may get a few people walking through the doors (but as a percentage of income, gate receipts mean very little these days, especially as Glasgow can't demand London prices), but a decent capacity means very little, they'd be one of nine or ten teams able to get 55k plus average gates. There's absolutely no guarantee they'd be any more successful than anyone. Look at United, one of the largest teams in the world and have had 70k plus for the best part of 20 years and they are about to finish outside the top four for a third time in four years.
They could easily expand their own stadium going by your logic, they certainly have the supporter base.
Look, I'm not saying they'd win the bloody thing every year and the great thing about the premier league nowadays is
no club is guaranteed a top four spot but they'd be up there challenging in no time. The only Surprise to me is Dermot Desmond hasn't gotten
them in there already, I'd of thought the tv companies would love the two from Glasgow in amongst it all.

Would be Top 6 in quite many 'Premier' Leagues around the world, but not the one played in England (with a Welsh team).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.