"Teeth" says celtic would be top 6 in prem

Even Brian Laudrup flopped in the Premier League. And then others like Kris Boyd, Barry Ferguson and Liam Miller who failed too.

He was 29 when he went to Chelsea and only made 7 appearances. I imagine his case was more to do with wanting to go back to Denmark then anything on the ability side of things

Not even a small chance. They are very average in a piss poor league,probably league 1 standard. Look at some of the players that have flourished in that keague; samaras, willo flood, shaleum logan, clint hill , stevie may etc etc. Its one thing getting up for 2 or 3 games a season,different story having to compete in a proper league every week. Scott brown is one of the poorest midfielders in any european league and gets by kicking fuck out of players. They would be relegated within 2 seasons.
Haha in other words Feck em, quite correct by the way.

Look at their squad. It's actually incredibly average. I think they'd finish around 13th at best.

They would finish mid-table, but I reckon they would challenge for the title/ top 4 within 5 years considering the size of the club and the sponsors they could attract being in the Premier League. Add in the Premier League money as well.

All very interesting but ultimately irrelevant as they won't be joining.
There isn't a single argument in their favour that would convince the PL to admit them and the only likely incentive would be an increase in TV revenue. The media usually bang on about 15,000 visiting fans but that's more a negative as they'd get a maximum of 3,000 tickets for league games.
The "attraction" in the past has been both sets of sectarian bastards but recent events at Ibrox mean this is unlikely, and would require even more PL chairmen risking their places in the top division. There would also be problems with the FL if they were denied a promotion place or two.
And what would happen if Celtic were relegated? The FL might not want to accept them if they were parachuted into the Prem in the first place.
And would they be prepared to accept the possibility of no European football for a few years?
Finally would the SFA and UEFA sanction it? The SPL being a pub league isn't sufficient grounds for Celtic to play south of the border.

I wouldn't welcome Celtic in the Premier League, it makes no sense, and i see these comments from them as trying to start a discussion on the topic which I don't think most people want to even have.

They gee themselves up for a game or two in the Champions League every season, if they qualify to the group stages that is, and then when they get a result or two they think they can take on the world. They are not a bad team, and it would be somewhat interesting to see how they got on for a season, but I think that a top 6 estimation is way off the mark. Plus, with Brexit and the Independence movement it would be akin to us accepting Monaco and PSG in a few years anyway.

For me Celtic need to be taking on a more active role in giving the Scottish FA a boost to make Scottish football better, more competitive, and more attractive. It has become a very minor league in Europe, and no team can even start to claim to be a European giant when playing at such a domestic standard. That would be the answer that benefits Scotland and Scottish football, not trying to sneak in to next door's garden to play because they have better equipment and a nicer lawn.

Same could arguably also be said for certain Welsh teams too, but I think that they have been involved in the English leagues now for such a long time that detangling it would be horrendous and detrimental to many. I very much dislike the term BPL that seems to be used more and more in foreign press, especially the US and Far East, when taking about our league.

Anyone think they could potentially compete in Europe if they had a new Chairman willing to spend big like the Chinese? Or would it just not be seen as potentially profitable? They must have a big fanbase around the world and could make a lot through merchandise

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.