The Added Time Debate

I think the added time should be taken off if the team winning isn't the one that's been wasting time. I.e On Sunday, Huddersfield wasted time and we scored in 84th minute, however, They gave 5 minutes, which then gives the protagonists of wasted time the chance to get something they didn't deserve. It kinda slaps the the team who've been trying to play football straight in the mush. Only play it if the attacking team wants it. It'll never happen, but it might make these shite anti football tacticians think again. CTID

I think the added time should be taken off if the team winning isn't the one that's been wasting time. I.e On Sunday, Huddersfield wasted time and we scored in 84th minute, however, They gave 5 minutes, which then gives the protagonists of wasted time the chance to get something they didn't deserve. It kinda slaps the the team who've been trying to play football straight in the mush. Only play it if the attacking team wants it. It'll never happen, but it might make these shite anti football tacticians think again. CTID

And if it is a draw at 90 minutes, as it was last night?

Thought the Arsenal fans were quite clever a few years back when, in unison, they would count out the seconds it took for the keeper to take a kick, or for a throw in to be taken.

Football won last night. Southampton had enough to make a game of it last night but they decided to go down the tried and trusted time wasting route. Expect more of the same for the rest of the season.

I don't expect teams to go toe to toe with us but at least come and try and play football. The last 2 games have seen the opposition employ anti-football tactics.

Burnley and Huddersfield were appalling but Southampton last night were as bad as Bournemouth the other month.

They were a total disgrace!

Swapping who takes throw-ins and free kicks, moving the ball around pretending they don’t know where it should be taken from, pulling their socks down before retrieving the ball and then when they appear ready to take the throw-in or free kick they stop and pull their socks up, keeper swapping sides for no reason other than to waste time, running off with the ball when they win a free kick then throwing it back nowhere near the place it should be taken from so the ref has to blow for them to move back then they swap the kicker when they do move back, purposely taking free kicks when the ball is moving so the ref has to blow up for it to be retaken and then swapping who takes it, kicking the ball away, throwing the ball into the crowd...

FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING CHEATS! 3 points to City in every one of those games and fucking deservedly so!

Wolves didn't do it, yet they got a better result against us than all of those sides. Get them and some more football teams up in this division and fuck the teams who have "FC" in their club name but should be called "TWC" off...do one...you don't deserve to be on the same pitch as a football team!

I don't mind a but of bus parking, nowt wrong with that. It's a genuine tactic and if a team is good at counter attacking, it's brilliant to watch.

But time wasting has no place in football and should be punished like diving should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there any studies or figures that give the 'average' amount of time that the ball is actually in play in a game in the Premier League ?

Try this link.

The figures are lower than I thought. They range from 53m-34s at West Ham to 58m-31s at Chelsea, with City third at 58m-15s.
These are figures from this season and I thought some research a few years back suggested an average of about 63 minutes.

https://talksport.com/football/aver...er-league-side-201718-season-171127263506?p=1

And this one from a few seasons ago

http://www.soccermetrics.net/team-performance/effective-time-in-football

The graph from the article shows that for the vast majority of matches the ball is in play for 50- 60 minutes

EffectivePlay_EPL201011.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.