The Boxing thread

A night of strange endings with the Rigo fight before hand and the Kovalev v Ward fight too always rate Ward and he was just starting to hurt Kovalev as the rounds went on. The work to the body was the key in Wards win. Another rematch might not happen for a while. I think Ward v Stephenson will happen next or as Ward said he might go up in weight again that would be great to see if he does.

As for Lomachenko and who he is going to fight. A catch weight fight with Rigo would be a great fight to see. Rigo was asked about the fight and he said he will fight whoever he doesnt care. Being honest both fighters need each other. Rigo should be a pound for pound great but fighters avoid him. Lomachenko is still young but a win over Rigo would be by far Lomachenkos biggest win.

Would love to see a couple of fights for Lomachenko a rematch with Gary Russell Jnr would be a good fight. Dont see Santa Cruz ever fighting him and as for Lee Selby he doesnt have the profile yet. So out of the champions he could fight the more harder fight is a Rigo fight at a catch weight and i hate those type of fights normally. But for this fight i would gladly take it.

Mayweather is going to mess Connor up and expose the MMA Charlatan for what the sport truly is. Just a hipsters fad.

Boxing has lasted the test of time for a reason, real hard men.

In a few years nobody will talk about this Connor dude. He'll be shagging some girls of Geordie Shore or TOWIE.

Mayweather is going to mess Connor up and expose the MMA Charlatan for what the sport truly is. Just a hipsters fad.

In a few years nobody will talk about this Connor dude. He'll be shagging some girls of Geordie Shore or TOWIE.
People still talk about the father of modern mixed martial arts - Bruce Lee, and the early pioneers - the Gracie family. The UFC formed in 1993 so it's hardly a fad.

You do realise what he is earning in this fight??? He won't be dancing around any snide mulberry bags at tiger tiger any time soon...

As Mac points out, it's hardly a fad, can't stand it myself, I'm a purist, however, it's helped bring boxing back to the glamour of showmanship, and rightly deserves its cut of the cake...

I don't think the fight should be licensed though, mayweather could genuinely hurt him...

It will be a boxing masterclass from mayweather with Connor not landing any telling shots, it will be 120-108 on all 3 judges cards. all the excitement will be in the build up, not fightnight

welcome to WWE

its a joke of a fight and nothing more than a money fight it will be cut up before the bell rings like who does what. and what round. make it look good for tv and we get another bite of the cherry next year pay for view at his best just wait for the crap talking to start to sell the fight and the £20 it will cost to watch

they are only winners in this many people behind both fighters will get a good pay day and the take home for both fighters will look nice sat in the bank and like a said you just know something will happen and the rematch called for and one or the other will not be happy about the result but they know the score and it will be good for the tv

in the words of the rock (if you smell what the rock is cooking )

I think you are all being a bit cynical. Mgregor is bigger, younger (14 years!) and a real animal. Not a certainty this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.