The Boxing thread

Wasnt too bothered about this weekends big fight when it was announced but as it draws near I cant help but look forward to it, still think it will be a bit one sided though and Cotto will take it on points.

Agreed

But in the name of Boxing hope its Mayweather
Oh I think Mayweather is the huge favourite... McGregor is going to come out at full speed it's the only chance he has, I'm not even sure he has one punch knockout power though as the top boxers do(no doubting his strength but the technique for striking isn't to the level of boxing in MMA, to be fair their hands would be fucked if it was) so what would have to happen is not only land his best shots but do it consecutively. I don't normally agree with Jonny Nelson much but it's as he said basically, early doors where it's up in the air, Conor thinks he can give Mayweather something different he hasn't seen before(Will being awkward be effective though? Worked for Fury I suppose) and we know Mayweather takes a few rounds to feel an opponent out when that happens and then takes them apart. If what Paulie said is true Conor was gassing bad after 6 rounds as he's not used to the pace for that amount of time, probably has no intention of seeing that round and will quit on his stool if he does.

I think an easy win for Mayweather personally, may even go easy on him to avoid a backlash from those who bought the hype.

Last edited:
Mayweather is going to dodge around jabbing him for a few rounds, maybe let McGregor hit him with a few flashy but painless punches just to make it last long enough so that people don't start moaning about wanting their money back. He could take him down in the first if he wanted but he's smart enough to know that does this farce no favours at all, like the David Haye/Audley Harrison farce.

I agree but bit brave paying out already

They're not often wrong mate. Personally don't think Connor will get past 7/8 rounds floyd will make him miss counter him to death drain his energy and either stop him via a barrage of cominations or Connor will quit/get disqualified.

This shows that there must be a distinct lack of quality in boxing at the moment when this is seen as the biggest and most lucrative fight of the year. What we gonna have next, Zara Phillips v Lester Piggot or Eric Bristow v Fatima Whitbread.

Bristow v Whitbread would be a great fight - I would pay to see that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.