The Boxing thread

I love how you call the vast majority of people "Golovkin fanboys", when really it's you who is just on your own hating him constantly. You're like a reverse fanboy, whatever one of them is. It's weird mate, did he steal your wife or something?
I don't hate him at all, I just think he gets far too much credit to the point where it's unfair on his opponents, Jacobs for instance got nowhere near enough credit for his performance. Where's the nod for making your opponent miss, soaking up the pressure they are trying to pile on and doing the cleaner work(not wasting shots)?

He's a good fighter and fought very well but some of those rounds people are giving him are off for me... I'm not even saying Canelo won the fight because he didn't(he needed to match his work rate in those middle rounds) what I said was a draw isn't that far fetched, look at the other two judges score cards for instance one had it a draw the other 115-114... that I can see but where these 4 full rounds up are coming from I do not know(well actually I do the difference is the 3rd and the 10th I gave to Canelo which is why it's a draw, they were close though both fighters having their spells which is why it can't be "a robbery").

I just don't get the "it's a robbery" claim, maybe the commentary flavoured some peoples opinions or maybe the fact that GGG's rounds were all consecutive where Canelo's were split between the start and the end? I just call it as I see it, that doesn't mean I don't rate GGG but it's not blasphemy to suggest GGG doesn't have good head movement(yes he has a good chin but boxing is about hitting and not getting hit in principle) or that he was made to miss a lot of shots here and against Jacobs which some people are seemingly counting as scoring shots.

Anyway I'm bored of explaining it, maybe fanboys is a bit harsh but surely someone can say they had it as close as two of those judges(ie not a robbery), with a good explanation why.

To be fair it's always the same with boxing discussions when someone has a favourite(it was clear who the fan favourite was before the fight even got announced to point where Canelo got bashed by many including some of the pundits) and apologies @Armaan for the swearing btw I did come across too strong myself looking back at this mornings posts I just wanted both fighters to get their due credit, I don't normally come online when I've had a few that early in the morning, no filter. I've deleted most of those posts it was unnecessary, not worth getting worked up about.

Last edited:
Its the same old story. I feel for GGG he won that fight last night. Punches landed shows just how much he done and he got the cleaner shots on. I dont get the score cards i had GGG by 2 rounds and that is me being generous to Canelo. With GGG on a Golden Boy Event up against Canelo 1 judge was always going to be paid off it seems and with that score card we know who was paid off. I think the rematch happens and i see GGG winning again but this time I dont expect him to leave it up to the judges feel he will go looking more so for the KO.

Also good to see Callum Smith winning at the weekend on the Super Series in the Super Middleweight division. Really good to see some potential fights coming up. With him , George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr in this it should be fun to watch. My money is on George Groves.

Its the same old story. I feel for GGG he won that fight last night. Punches landed shows just how much he done and he got the cleaner shots on. I dont get the score cards i had GGG by 2 rounds and that is me being generous to Canelo. With GGG on a Golden Boy Event up against Canelo 1 judge was always going to be paid off it seems and with that score card we know who was paid off. I think the rematch happens and i see GGG winning again but this time I dont expect him to leave it up to the judges feel he will go looking more so for the KO.

Also good to see Callum Smith winning at the weekend on the Super Series in the Super Middleweight division. Really good to see some potential fights coming up. With him , George Groves and Chris Eubank Jnr in this it should be fun to watch. My money is on George Groves.
I think Canelo landed the cleaner shots. The biggest thing in GGGs armoury is not his power - as Canelo took it well - but the fact his chin is forged from titanium, which meant whatever bombs Canelo threw - and he landed a couple of haymakers which would have totalled many-a-other Middleweight - he could just take them and carry on marching forward.

If a rematch takes place next summer, with a GGG another year older, I think Canelo will know not to be too defensive in those middle rounds again and win via MD or even slight UD.

I think Canelo landed the cleaner shots. The biggest thing in GGGs armoury is not his power - as Canelo took it well - but the fact his chin is forged from titanium, which meant whatever bombs Canelo threw - and he landed a couple of haymakers which would have totalled many-a-other Middleweight - he could just take them and carry on marching forward.

If a rematch takes place next summer, with a GGG another year older, I think Canelo will know not to be too defensive in those middle rounds again and win via MD or even slight UD.

I just dont see it honestly think GGG will be ready whenever they fight he hasnt had many hard fights and in terms of boxing i feel he is younger than his age is and is showing no signs of aging yet. They will both have learned a lot from the first fight and will both kinda know what to expect from the other. Its all about the game plan. How they set up and do what they do.
Martin Murray said that George Groves hits harder than GGG and that GGG is more of power in both hands and he is so accurate when fighting. Just think the big fight to save boxing as they billed it was ruined by a poor judging score card.

No but it's quite telling who had more success, again look at how many of GGG's shots were actually landing, it was just pressure without landing in some of those rounds as I said I don't score rounds that way... I appreciate good defence. Those last rounds are key to the difference in the way people were scoring it... I can't give any rounds to GGG from the 10th onwards because Canelo landed what he wanted to and GGG wasted the majority of his shots.

I can see why some would say GGG pinched it, it was close in truth but I can't see GGG 4 rounds up at all.

Have you ever boxed, mate?

Scored a bout professionally?

I just dont see it honestly think GGG will be ready whenever they fight he hasnt had many hard fights and in terms of boxing i feel he is younger than his age is and is showing no signs of aging yet. They will both have learned a lot from the first fight and will both kinda know what to expect from the other. Its all about the game plan. How they set up and do what they do.
Martin Murray said that George Groves hits harder than GGG and that GGG is more of power in both hands and he is so accurate when fighting. Just think the big fight to save boxing as they billed it was ruined by a poor judging score card.

It showed why a conditioned boxer will 9/10 times come through opponents like canelo.... golden boy at its best here, utilising the power over the governing bodies to force a rematch. I mean come on, 110-118, how fucking corrupt and blasé does one have to be????....

I'm so glad the European scene is taking on the yanks, in a previous era one would need to conquer North America and toe the politics line, the money has shifted due to the support, especially in the uk, and potential gate receipts...

A great deal of people dislike Hearn and matchroom, his cards are a little disproportionate at times, however you expect clean results..

That on Saturday reminded me of Lewis v Holyfield 1.....

Have you ever boxed, mate?

Scored a bout professionally?
Mate I've been watching boxing for years(don't even come to me with that angle), oh while we are on about professional judging... 2 of those judges say it was a lot closer than the majority of the pro GGG people(even the judge that gave it to GGG)... there's actually a lot of people saying it was closer than the "it's a robbery" folk would have you believe. I watched the boxnation analysis and agree the boos were because of that judges inexplicably wide card(which was not his fault)... not because Canelo boxed badly because he didn't maybe some of them felt he could have put more work into the middle rounds but I think it was pretty much all over that controversial card(which I'll add I would never have dreamed of defending).

Just because a fighter is walking through big shots doesn't mean they don't count(as I said boxing is in principle the art of hitting without getting hit and Canelo did a better job of that in the rounds I gave him), they count a sight more than partial shots, air shots and shots taken fully on the gloves in fact... too many people have to have been counting shots that shouldn't be considered scoring shots in some of those rounds and it was similar in the Jacobs fight. Some people are arguing yeah but he's still the one pressuring so he's dictating the round, well no because one of the fighters was known for his countering and always was more likely to fight on the back foot, the other for his relentless pressure, power and work rate while being the naturally bigger guy in the first place.

I've not had time to watch the whole fight but I did watch the 2 key rounds(that's the difference between a draw and 4 rounds to GGG), the 3rd and the 10th again and I've not changed my mind. Everybody gave Canelo the first 2 you had to it was that clear even his(GGG's) biggest fans were saying he hadn't even got into it, everyone also at least gave him the last 2 rounds as well as Canelo upped his own work rate(which was what the main difference was in the middle rounds) while continuing to do the cleaner work. The 3rd was closer but I still thought Canelo pinched it(even Boxnations commentary after that round said "oh maybe Golovkins work rate might have been enough in that one but it was close" for me that's being generous because the first 2 rounds were so clear... also Max Kellerman gave him the 3rd too judging by his questions to Canelo post fight) likewise in the 10th(Canelo came out with some great shots in the first minute GGG came back at him with some good work of his own but Canelo finished the round better so I still think Canelo took that one for winning more of the round), overall in those rounds the better work there for me was the big shots, better combinations with more variation to his punching of Canelo.

Draw for me still and I'm actually more confident of it after watching those rounds again.

Last edited:
Mate I've been watching boxing for years(don't even come to me with that angle), oh while we are on about professional judging... 2 of those judges say it was a lot closer than the majority of the pro GGG people(even the judge that gave it to GGG)... there's actually a lot of people saying it was closer than the "it's a robbery" folk would have you believe.

Just because a fighter is walking through big shots doesn't mean they don't count(as I said boxing is in principle the art of hitting without getting hit and Canelo did a better job of that in the rounds I gave him), they count a sight more than partial shots, air shots and shots taken fully on the gloves in fact... too many people have to have been counting shots that shouldn't be considered scoring shots in some of those rounds and it was similar in the Jacobs fight. Some people are arguing yeah but he's still the one pressuring so he's dictating the round, well no because one of the fighters was known for his countering and always was more likely to fight on the back foot, the other for his relentless pressure, power and work rate while being the naturally bigger guy in the first place.

I've not had time to watch the whole fight but I did watch the 2 key rounds(that's the difference between a draw and 4 rounds to GGG), the 3rd and the 10th again and I've not changed my mind. Everybody gave Canelo the first 2 you had to it was that clear even his(GGG's) biggest fans were saying he hadn't even got into it, everyone also at least gave him the last 2 rounds as well as Canelo upped his own work rate(which was what the main difference was in the middle rounds) while continuing to do the cleaner work. The 3rd was closer but I still thought Canelo pinched it(even Boxnations commentary after that round said "oh maybe Golovkins work rate might have been enough in that one but it was close" for me that's being generous because the first 2 rounds were so clear... also Max Kellerman gave him the 3rd too judging by his questions to Canelo post fight) likewise in the 10th(Canelo came out with some great shots in the first minute GGG came back at him with some good work of his own but Canelo finished the round better so I still think Canelo took that one), overall in those rounds the better work there for me was the big shots, better combinations with more variation to his punching of Canelo.

Draw for me still and I'm actually more confident of it after watching those rounds again.

first off I asked you a simple set of questions, don't be a smart arse...

Did I say you know fuck all???

Does me saying I've done both alter your opinion?? I wouldn't want it to and certainly doesn't make me an expert, however you have tried to talk down to anyone who has had a differing opinion like you are indeed an expert..

One of those 'professional' judges who scored it was wider than a double decker bus, hence they've been suspended, does that sit well with you?

Score it how you like, you've explained your reasoning, the general consensus goes against you, however again it doesn't make those people right, but don't be so matter of fact, it's your opinion, I disagree.. the world carries on and they'll both line there pockets again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.