The Great Ticket Cock Up.

mr t said:
The sad thing about all this is that people have probably bought tickets today with the sole intention of selling them on at a profit. They'll be flogging them on the night to the highest bidder be it City or Hamburg fans. Meanwhile real fans who have been at work today have missed out - it truly has been a cock up.

how do you define a true fan

a true fan is someone who follows city through thick and thin not just cos its a fuver a ticket and they have nothing better to do gareth.

This ought to be about rewarding the loyalty of the fans who have attended the cup games.

It would have been very easy to print a list of all card holders (whether Season, Citycard or Accesscard) and see how many games attended.

offer a £5 ticket to those who had attended 5 or 6

£10 ticket to those who had attended 3 or 4

£15 ticket to those who had attended 1 or 2

£20 if you hadn't been to any.

That way you probably still sell out - and you take more funds but reward those who deserve it rather than people who have not been and happen to have someone local enough to get to the stadium early on first day of release.

Macc Blue said:
interpol said:
Sorry to hear that, but I really don't understand what people are griping about here. There IS a loyalty principle being applied. Fans who demonstrate their loyalty by purchasing a season ticket and/or a cup debit scheme membership WILL get their seats. Attending 9 games, though admirable, is not the height of loyalty. Season ticket holders and cup members will have attended 23 games at home alone this season.

I Have attended 4 less than you, this season then. If you read earlier in the thread I explain to Dubai Blue why I aint a season ticket holder.

i last went to a game when sven was in charge and it looked like we'd do something..as soon as it went tits up i could'nt be arsed. went to the ticket office on wednesday though and got 6 adult and 2 children for 1st tier,they was'nt havin it at first but said i was a "new" fan and hey presto..fukin result...cost £32 the lot...if we lose i probably wont bother for ages.

I have attended every home match in the Uefa cup this season, including the Streymur game at Oakwell, and I also went to the Santander away game. I don't live in Manchester and wasn't able to get a ticket yesterday. My brother was supposed to be getting me tickets today. In addition to this I have been converting a friend into a City fan. They have been to every home Uefa match except for the Oakwell one. They have also bought a shirt and scarve, and they have been getting more interested with every match. It has cost them at least £150 so far to do this. Now in all probability we will not get a ticket for the Hamburg match. Although I am disappointed, this will not affect me and I will still attend every match that I can. It is quite possible though, that City have lost a prospective new supporter who would attend more matches in the future than the people who are only attending this match because it is £5. I feel we both should have had a greater opportunity to purchase tickets for this match than people who have not attended any so far.

Why dont the club give the fans who went to Barnsley free Exec tickets.
You know what there will be people on here now moaning like fuk about tickets
and when they read this they'll be asking theirselves why did he go to Barnsley
so fuk em all City and fill the ground.
Trust me the DIEHARDS will be in the ground against Hamburg

my missus queued for 1hr 20 mins yesterday i have been a city card owner for years not missed any home uafa cupties and not many prem games ended up 9 rows back in the 3rd level its great that they have reduced prices but after season ticket holders city card holders with lots of points should have been given a chance imo

6 adult and 2 children

Are all these people going to fulham and west brom to. If they are I better get my tickets today as they will be sellouts to.

Posted this on the other thread too. Its from the official site.

TICKET sales to non-Seasoncard holders for the Hamburg UEFA Cup second leg on April 16 are temporarily suspended as Blues fans have rushed to snap up our £5 a head and a kid for a quid special "thank you" offer today.

There have been unprecedented scenes at the City Store in the Arndale Centre as well as the City of Manchester Stadium Box Office, where the queue stretched into the stadium itself as stewards endeavoured to protect our fans from the worst of the inclement weather.

City Seasoncard holders can renew their tickets up until and including Sunday, when the box office at the City of Manchester Stadium will be open from 11am-3pm, with our online and telephone service also in operation.

Any tickets that are not taken up by Seasoncard holders on Sunday will then go on open sale on Monday - with the club extending our £5 offer for an extra 24 hours until the close of business on Monday evening.

Ticket prices from Tuesday will cost a still-competitive £10 up to and including April 9th, when any remaining will revert to the full price of £20.

Executive chairman Garry Cook said: "We are delighted by the response, which has been absolutely magnificent even by the standards of our loyal supporters. The phone lines were jammed and the ticketing website was simply inundated. We would like to thank them all for their patience, not forgetting our ticketing staff who have worked tirelessly to keep things running as smoothly as possible."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.