The Hillsborough Family Support Group Against Safe Standing.

Things have changed since that horrendous day, the mentallity of fans have changed, we don't have cages to pen us in like animals stopping us escaping in an emergency. Safe standing areas are a good idea, the new stadiums nowadays are a lot safer, you will not be allowed in if you are drunk and if you have one too many in the ground the stewards will eject you before you can get inside the viewing areas of the stadiums.
The cost of standing areas will make it cheaper for the fans who don't have wads of money to buy season tickets.

I've never been to a football match in England, are you encouraged not to stand or something? Every game I've ever been to, I've pretty much stood the whole 90 minutes and that includes the San Siro and Nou Camp

If safe standing really is 'safe' then you can have no argument really.

It is what a lot of fans want introducing into the modern game, and if it is deemed safe, then what else can they protest?

Most stadiums are now built to be 'stadiums', you couldn't rip out the seats and simply but a safe terrace there with the exception of a few. For some reason I can't see it taking off at all actually.

Colin Bell and East level 3 are more unsafe, you can never celebrate a goal too enthusiastically up there without plummeting a few rows, lol.

I'm sorry but waht do City fans have to complain about on this issue. City fans stand every game next to the away fans without risk of being thrown out or having their season tickets taken away from them. At Everton you can get thrown out for standing or have your season ticket taken away from you. I wish our club treated us the same way your club does.

Squatter said:
What do you mean "who the fuck do they think they are"?

They've just given their opinion on the situation, which is fully understandable considering they lost close relatives. Get a grip pal

I think you need to get a grip matey.

They are forcing their agenda on us.

Our football clubs should remain all-seater stadiums.
"People always say they have standing areas in Germany but we don't play any part over what happens in that country -
we just believe there's no such thing as safe standing in this country

Is that right? And why is that? Perhaps you can speak on their behalf? Well?<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:21 pm --<br /><br />
standupefc said:
I'm sorry but waht do City fans have to complain about on this issue. City fans stand every game next to the away fans without risk of being thrown out or having their season tickets taken away from them. At Everton you can get thrown out for standing or have your season ticket taken away from you. I wish our club treated us the same way your club does.

I don't see the Gladis End with huge empty pockets in it where fans had previousy stood during the game.

If I'm wrong I apologies.

jrb said:
Squatter said:
What do you mean "who the fuck do they think they are"?

They've just given their opinion on the situation, which is fully understandable considering they lost close relatives. Get a grip pal

Our football clubs should remain all-seater stadiums.
"People always say they have standing areas in Germany but we don't play any part over what happens in that country -.

Is that right? And why is that? Perhaps you can speak on their behalf? Well?

Well the key words are "we just believe". It's their opinion and they're entitled to it. They're not "forcing their agenda" at all.

Hope this helps.

Squatter said:
jrb said:

Is that right? And why is that? Perhaps you can speak on their behalf? Well?

Well the key words are "we just believe". It's their opinion and they're entitled to it. They're not "forcing their agenda" at all.

Hope this helps.
Let's not beat around the bush. Nice bit of spin there. It's not believe. They 'don't want' safe standing. Even you must be able to see through the carefully chosen words.

Goven a choice, they would not have standing/safe standing back ever. Fact!

I'd guess they do a lot of it for publicity though to keep the plight/fight alive.

They need to call it a day now.

jrb said:
Let's not beat around the bush. Nice bit of spin there. It's not believe. They 'don't want' safe standing. Even you must be able to see through the carefully chosen words.

Goven a choice, they would not have standing/safe standing back ever. Fact!

Again, they're entitled to that opinion and you shouldn't shout them down, they're saying what they believe is right.

If my kids died in that fashion, I'd be against it too, no matter how many people said they wanted it to come back. You'd have nightmares about it forever.

For the record, I'm 100% in favour of bringing back terraces and I believe it can be done safely. Think it would be brilliant, even if it was just 10% of the stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.