The Hillsborough Family Support Group Against Safe Standing.

Squatter said:
jrb said:
Let's not beat around the bush. Nice bit of spin there. It's not believe. They 'don't want' safe standing. Even you must be able to see through the carefully chosen words.

Goven a choice, they would not have standing/safe standing back ever. Fact!

Again, they're entitled to that opinion and you shouldn't shout them down, they're saying what they believe is right.

If my kids died in that fashion, I'd be against it too, no matter how many people said they wanted it to come back. You'd have nightmares about it forever.

For the record, I'm 100% in favour of bringing back terraces and I believe it can be done safely. Think it would be brilliant, even if it was just 10% of the stadium.

That's fair enough Squatter.

But you know just like me they will use the emotional card on the PL and Government to get 'their way'. When in reality, fans are already standing, up and down the country, week in, week out, at most football grounds.

Their fight/cause is oudated. It's time to move on.

Sheriff Fatman said:
Standing per se was not dangerous.

Standing in caged paddocks was unsafe.

Standing in open ends like The Kop, The Kippax, stretford end, North Bank etc was safe. (unless you were sussed as an away fan!!).

Well Said ...

It was the game against west ham in the fa cup a few seasons ago when our club started to let us stand again, the few games before that they were kicking people out for standing. Sending out letters telling people they had to move seats for one game, giving them a clear run at anyone they had id for standing. Before that game the crowd were let say not as loud as we are now and I would say that is down to them now letting us stand. They let us stand because they wanted a better reaction from the home crowd, I don't remember anyone being hurt since they have let us stand in the south stand even when we do the Poznan!!! Yes it is very sad what happened but that was then this is now. Hillsborough was down to bad crowd control with the ticket allocation, bad police control, bad ground conditions ie the fencing and also down to some people wanting to get in at any cost all of those thing do not happen today and if they did they would not happen altogether as they did on that fateful day.

It's bollocks, I can't understand how in 2011 the people in charge can not arrange safe standing, they clearly do not want it to happen for whatever reason, be it keeping football more exclusive and prices higher or fuck knows what, it is a joke though and I'd say the vast majority of people with any involvement in football want it to happen.

The lady on Granada reports before did slightly annoy me. I know they must have been through hell, but safe standing should not be ruled out, without considering it fully, because of that incident. There have been plane crashes, but you don't hear the victims family calling for a ban on air travel.

What next? all leaving the stadium together? walking down stairwells in a crowd. Bring on stair-lifts i say.

So on April the 16th, will everyone be sitting at wembley? ;-)

Standing did not kill any supporters, but big metal f**king cages may have had something to do with it.

If the authorities really believe standing to be unsafe, then how do they justify people being allowed to stand at concerts, they can't, and this is why any argument they may have is bull.

I don't think they will ever allow standing again, but if they did it wouldn't take long before some numpty ruined it and it was scrapped.

Found this on the net:
"More standing room should also see a reduction in ticket prices, which can only be a good thing for the fans"

Yeah right as if they will reduce the ticket price! If it is that popular as fans make out they would double the price.

Whilst you can sympathise with the Group, Hillsborough was not to do with standing but with the fact that there were fences, combined with shockingly bad crowd management by the authorities supposedly in charge.

One of the lines trotted out by the Government is that more women and children attend games due to all-seater stadia. Whether the statistics prove that or not - and I seem to recall more than a few women and children on the Kippax - it's all to do with social control and trying to change the demographic of football crowds. Lots of happy clappies politely applauding, absolutely no swearing, you may stand 'intermittently', more 'families' who are seen as less likely to do anything that may be deemed offensive. Rugby fans can stand, and you can stand at pop concerts in football grounds.

The fact that in Germany they've successfully had safe standing areas for years, such as at Borussia Dortmund and Schalke, defeats the argument entirely. Nobody is saying that fans shouldn't be able to sit, but that there should be separate safe standing areas for those who wish to stand. Which is a hell of a lot when you look at matches around the country. And this would also stop the conflict between some who wish to stand and some who wish to sit in the same area.

We're lucky that City have a relaxed policy on this, some clubs are a nightmare.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.