The most unfunny comedian ever

In the past Chubby Brown and Bernard Manning.

These days Michael McIntyre and Russell Howard.

Ironically there aren't many who are actually funny.

Frank Skinner
Kevin Bridges
Peter Kay
Vic and Bob

Is about it imo.

The least funny, hands down are John Bishop and that Miranda woman.

Peter Kay, yes. The "Dogging" episode with Sian Gibson in Car Share had me falling about. (And that takes a lot nowadays)

If anyone approached "comedy genius" it was Spike Milligan.

And why do they call modern comics "Stand-Up" when they walk up and down the stage all the time (or in Michael McIntyre's case, walk up and down shaking his head and speaking in in a falsetto voice)? And where do they get these audiences from, shrieking and crying with laughter when a "comedian" says something totally unfunny?

As the old-timers say these guys (and women) just don't have "funny bones". Dodd, Cooper, Dawson were funny in themselves. Unlike the embarrassing dross that is "Live at the Apollo"

Count Arthur Strong makes me laugh (on radio, not that TV series). Not everyone sees the joke.

Peter Kay, yes. The "Dogging" episode with Sian Gibson in Car Share had me falling about. (And that takes a lot nowadays)

If anyone approached "comedy genius" it was Spike Milligan.

And why do they call modern comics "Stand-Up" when they walk up and down the stage all the time (or in Michael McIntyre's case, walk up and down shaking his head and speaking in in a falsetto voice)? And where do they get these audiences from, shrieking and crying with laughter when a "comedian" says something totally unfunny?

As the old-timers say these guys (and women) just don't have "funny bones". Dodd, Cooper, Dawson were funny in themselves. Unlike the embarrassing dross that is "Live at the Apollo"

Count Arthur Strong makes me laugh (on radio, not that TV series). Not everyone sees the joke.

Saw 'The Count' at the Lowry last year. I went with my brother, I wasn't a fan beforehand but have to admit he was very funny.

Dawn French sat on a chair last night dressed like a Russian weightlifter talking about getting a piece of glass 'out of my mums fanny'

New Years Eve and that is all she can offer ! It was a monologue very slighty similar to Alan Bennet, i.e. talking about your own family. Well either her family are well weird or her script writer was pissed when he wrote it. The other gem is her elderly mother accusing her of Rimming strangers. Yeh right, if this is comedy bring back the Wheel Tappers and Shunters Club.

Last edited:
I saw a minute or two of Miranda 'doing stand up' last night, in front of thousands. Her jokes are shit and she hasnt got a single comedic bone in her body. It's literally like they've dragged some stupid woman out of the local charity shop and shoved a mic in her hand and said 'go on have a try love'. She must be laughing her bollocks off (and I do mean bollocks)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.