The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most of me is still absolutely gutted about Madrid knocking us out, but a big part of me is really thankful that we don’t have an extra 2 games in the next 2 midweeks. We would have realistically found it very difficult to retain our title
I would get a hell of a lot more happiness from winning 4 titles on the bounce (whilst ruining the dippers) and beating the rags in the cup final than I would from retaining the CL so I’m glad we went out.

Had we gone thru against Madrid we could quite conceivably have ended up wining nothing. As it is we’ve now got a manageable schedule and we’re in pole position to win the double.

If Arsenal win all 3 games we would have to win our 4,a draw for us in one of our games would mean same pts as them but unless we catch goal difference up they would win it.Also another way of looking at it if Arsenal draw a game and we won 3 and lose 1 we are champions.

Last edited:
I very much doubt it will be Arse winning 3 and us winning 4 and we win with 91 points and them second with 89.
there will be either some horrible twist and we fuck up or them not winning all or we both drop points somewhere.
but it wont end on 91 vs 89.

Most of me is still absolutely gutted about Madrid knocking us out, but a big part of me is really thankful that we don’t have an extra 2 games in the next 2 midweeks. We would have realistically found it very difficult to retain our title
Something had to give. The players are running on fumes most weeks. The champions league happened to fall first. If we had of won that game against Madrid, I’m not sure we would have gotten through the following league games without dropping points.

In a way, fate has chosen a 4th title. Happy with that. We can try next season for the champions league but we will never get a chance at 4 in a row after Pep leaves.

be great if we could have it won before we play spurs.
Too much to hope for but perhaps we could find ourselves needing only 3 points from the last 2 games. If we are behind Arsenal before we go to Spurs we will most likely need to win. That will be a tough task given our poor record there and our defence will have to be a lot more solid than at the weekend or we will concede 3 or 4. I think we need Bournemouth or more likely the rags to do us a favour. Overall, I feel we have done well to stay in the hunt as we are a couple of notches below last years levels and really can't complain if we come up short.

The "double" used to be the holy grail in English football. The fact we could win it twice on the trot would be just outstanding. If it's not to be, I'd rather the PL for the 4th time, or you've got to start the 152 game slog to be in with a chance of it all over again.

Just to put it into context the last 3 seaesons and this one so far:

P: 148
W: 106
D: 23
L: 17
GF: 358
GA: 123
GD: 235

It's an astonishing record whatever happens in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
The "double" used to be the holy grail in English football. The fact we could win it twice on the trot would be just outstanding. If it's not to be, I'd rather the PL for the 4th time, or you've got to start the 152 game slog to be in with a chance of it all over again.

Just to put it into context the last 3 seaesons and this one so far:

P: 148
W: 106
D: 23
L: 17
GF: 358
GA: 123
GD: 235

It's an astonishing record whatever happens in the next couple of weeks.

It is an I'm quite relaxed about things. Arsenal are trying to win the title for the first time in 20 years. They fell short last season and have gone again. That's easier than being dominant and staying there. To win the treble then lose our captain and Mahrez and still go again with Rodri missing games and De Bruyne missing a lot of the season is nothing short of incredible.

Injuries to others throughout the season too. The sort of excuses others would use to qualify their season. But we've kept going. We might win it, we might not. But either way we've given it a great fucking go when the players could have been excused to put their feet up this season in need of a mental and physical break.

Too much to hope for but perhaps we could find ourselves needing only 3 points from the last 2 games. If we are behind Arsenal before we go to Spurs we will most likely need to win. That will be a tough task given our poor record there and our defence will have to be a lot more solid than at the weekend or we will concede 3 or 4. I think we need Bournemouth or more likely the rags to do us a favour. Overall, I feel we have done well to stay in the hunt as we are a couple of notches below last years levels and really can't complain if we come up short.
I agree with you mate, considering what we achieved last season, the injuries and extra fixtures in the World club cup, I really didn't think we would still have a chance with 4 games left.
We are definitely below last year's level, but if after a weeks rest,we are at our best for the next 5 games, it will be another unbelievable end to the season

It is an I'm quite relaxed about things. Arsenal are trying to win the title for the first time in 20 years. They fell short last season and have gone again. That's easier than being dominant and staying there. To win the treble then lose our captain and Mahrez and still go again with Rodri missing games and De Bruyne missing a lot of the season is nothing short of incredible.

Injuries to others throughout the season too. The sort of excuses others would use to qualify their season. But we've kept going. We might win it, we might not. But either way we've given it a great fucking go when the players could have been excused to put their feet up this season in need of a mental and physical break.

Either team that misses out will have a psychological blow to get over.

Arsenal keep winning their games, they keep setting the pace and going top. But they know if we win our games, it is for nothing, and that loss to Villa could be it. We keep winning ours, knowing it is in our hands, and we have a game more to overtake them. We still have to win it though and get the points on the board.

Both teams can also feel proud of their effort. Both have kept going and going and both have been determined.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.