The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It amuses me greatly that posters say that Kovacic and Nunes (who are both in their first season) aren’t adequate to replace Marhez and Gundogan (who were both widely berated in their first season with City).

Pep Guardiola is our manager. He knows what he’s doing. He will improve those players. It’s what he does, with one notable exception.

Maybe he’s earned a bit of slack?

He’s not infallible, but he’s surely got enough credits in the bank?
And not just their first season. Gundo was the whipping boy for about 5 years as he was supposedly keeping foden out of the team. Amazing revisionist history here ...

It amuses me greatly that posters say that Kovacic and Nunes (who are both in their first season) aren’t adequate to replace Marhez and Gundogan (who were both widely berated in their first season with City).

Pep Guardiola is our manager. He knows what he’s doing. He will improve those players. It’s what he does, with one notable exception.

Maybe he’s earned a bit of slack?

He’s not infallible, but he’s surely got enough credits in the bank?
Yaya and David were the same too in their first season. Totally agree...Jack Greaish too. Always has been the case in many years of following City, there always has to be a scapegoat.

And not just their first season. Gundo was the whipping boy for about 5 years as he was supposedly keeping foden out of the team. Amazing revisionist history here ...
Truth is Gundogan started to play football since the end of 2020..

Till that, he was just a rotation player..

It's sometimes I find myself thinking i want us to win less for us winning it more that I don't want the others to win it, not the best reasoning. We can't win it every year though and if we don't this year I'm really okay with it, think we will though :)

The main reason I want us to win it, is because I genuinely think we just ARE the best team. I think the best teams should win it, and I think it would be a bit of a shame if we didn't. Sure, I would also want us to win it if we weren't, but it would be somewhat different.

That just for the record doesn't mean I readily expect anything, or wouldn't be ok if things don't end up that way.

He played 30 premier league games a season from 2017. I’d say that’s more than a rotation player. Pep always loved to play Gundo, even when some on here did not always see why He’s always been a very intelligent footballer and that’s Pep’s type of player. Hence why Phillips can’t get a look in and Rico can.

Am I right in thinking that City is the only team to win the Premier League in the same season they played in the Europa League? 2011/12 we dropped from the Champions League?

Probably the biggest load of bollocks I've ever read on here.

What you mean to say is that Gundogan only became a goalscorer in late 2020.

Prior to that, he was a footballer with high intelligence who knitted things together in midfield and chipped in with the odd goal here and there. The sort of player who people with low football intelligence love to hate because they aren't scoring from 30 yards every week.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.