The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 2 sets of red drama queens absolutely need to win their next 2 games before we play in the league again. Hopefully they will both crack feeling the pressure which would take some off us and we would probably win the 6 games relatively comfortably.

If the Liverpool and Arsenal players react even 1% as despondently as their fans, we’ll be fine. I can’t believe how many of them are giving up!

I think Liverpool are still the big threat - Klopp leaving means there’s no “better luck next year”, no going again etc, plus they’ve actually got the trophies and experience behind their squad.

It’s a coping mechanism. They have done the same every time they have lost the title previously.

Having just watched Liverpool on MOTD 2, I thought how much it reminded me of our home game with Stoke in April 1972. We ripped Stoke up for arse paper but Gordon Banks had a worldy and Stoke put away their one chance, we lost 1 0. We had a 5 point lead but finished 4th all be it 1 point behind champions Derby County. Sometimes one game can define a whole season, suspect yesterday at Anfield was one of them.

A plot showing points per game, for a rolling 5 game mean - meant to show patches of form (or lack of).

Clearly Liverpool, up until now, have not suffered a bad patch (as bad as ours) but neither have they hit the heights of 3 points per game over long periods like City and Arsenal, they appear to have been a bit more consistent especially mid-season when we wobbled.

PL_5_game_pts.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.