Ticket queues in Glasgow

No downside?

• The people stood for two hours queuing in the rain could see one
  • The people missing their valuable free time in a new city could see one
  • The people who got stuck in traffic trying to get to the city centre collection point and missed getting their ticket could see one
  • The people who fell ill on the day of the game or couldn't travel up for whatever reason could see one
  • The people who had to pay £12 to park for a couple of hours could see one
  • The city staff facing angry customers could see one
  • And those facing extra costs to pick up tickets at away games can see one

But no, you're right, let's lick the club's ring piece whilst our freedoms are further eroded by the sops like you.

It has nothing to do with points whores, only an idiot believes that self perpetuating guff.

Bang on squirty,well put sir

No downside?

• The people stood for two hours queuing in the rain could see one
  • The people missing their valuable free time in a new city could see one
  • The people who got stuck in traffic trying to get to the city centre collection point and missed getting their ticket could see one
  • The people who fell ill on the day of the game or couldn't travel up for whatever reason could see one
  • The people who had to pay £12 to park for a couple of hours could see one
  • The city staff facing angry customers could see one
  • And those facing extra costs to pick up tickets at away games can see one

But no, you're right, let's lick the club's ring piece whilst our freedoms are further eroded by the sops like you.

It has nothing to do with points whores, only an idiot believes that self perpetuating guff.

The big irony is that City didn’t sellout for Turin last season, or Munich and Roma, the previous campaign, yet the new system discriminates against people like me who did bother with those games.

It normally goes against the grain, but yesterday I travelled on the Thomson trip and struck lucky with not having to queue.

Sadly, the official trips seem to be the way forward. I’ve done 78 of the last 82 european games, but it’s becoming a complete pain in the arse.

Its nothing to do with point whores I'm afraid.

Whatever the reason may be, it does appear to have had an influence on the number of points European away matches have sold out at. I dont think many people would see the principle of tickets being sold to the people who actually intend to attend as being unfair. I get that if you've got 18,000 + points you don't care who gets tickets because you will always get the ones you want, similarly, if you've got very few points, you don't like the system because it prevents the people you'd buy off selling them on. For those of us with 'middling' points who enjoy Champions League trips it's been hugely beneficial and, personally, worth any inconvenience.
It looks like I just missed the coach parties yesterday but, for those that didn't, queuing in the rain for over an hour is not acceptable and they're well within their rights to have the hump about it. Amidst what are clearly genuine concerns from fans the club now have a responsibility to reassess and refine the process to make it less stressful and more convenient for people.

Dad said he queued two hours it's fucking bang out of order the mans fucking 70 years old been following city since the fifties he shouldn't be treated like that, nor should anyone else. People make a lot of sacrifices - money, work holidays etc etc and no one deserves to be queuing up for hours on end for something that they've paid for and deserve to receive without having to piss about in some inconvenient place when they should be making the most of their time away from work, family, the missus etc! Saw a thread on here pre madrid with people saying "oh its only 5 minutes on the metro". For 99% of people it probably isn't. We stayed very central in madrid but even then it was 5-10 walk to the metro, few minutes wait for the train, had to switch to another one, wait for that,get there then walk to the ticket place and back... by the time we'd got there and back it was a good hour and a half. We fucking work hard we only got so many work holidays I year I don't wanna spend them in stinky sweaty metro's or wherever else for no fucking reason whatsoever? Very loyal fans (far far more loyal than me) make massive effort and they don't deserve to be jibbed about for fuck all. Treat them with some fucking respect

Dad said he queued two hours it's fucking bang out of order the mans fucking 70 years old been following city since the fifties he shouldn't be treated like that, nor should anyone else. People make a lot of sacrifices - money, work holidays etc etc and no one deserves to be queuing up for hours on end for something that they've paid for and deserve to receive without having to piss about in some inconvenient place when they should be making the most of their time away from work, family, the missus etc! Saw a thread on here pre madrid with people saying "oh its only 5 minutes on the metro". For 99% of people it probably isn't. We stayed very central in madrid but even then it was 5-10 walk to the metro, few minutes wait for the train, had to switch to another one, wait for that,get there then walk to the ticket place and back... by the time we'd got there and back it was a good hour and a half. We fucking work hard we only got so many work holidays I year I don't wanna spend them in stinky sweaty metro's or wherever else for no fucking reason whatsoever? Very loyal fans (far far more loyal than me) make massive effort and they don't deserve to be jibbed about for fuck all. Treat them with some fucking respect

funny enough I was just behind him at one point. I looked over and thought my god it comes to something when he has to prove who he is.

On the whole I feel that although inconvenient, the system is the lesser of the evils. It needs tweaking and a little more thought going into the collection points. There will always be those who whinge because it doesn't quite fit into their schedules or their individual circumstances and the task is to minimise those whinges by eventually getting it right, which I am sure they will do with experience. I agree that it is not acceptable for older and disabled fans to have to stand in line for a while and I would be more than happy for pensioners etc to go to the front of the queue, this is more important than me missing another pint. The comments on here represent positive valuable feed back which no doubt the club will take notice of and learn from for future venue choices. Wednesday was unique in the fact that because alot of coaches where setting off from Manchester at about the same time they arrived at the collection point at about the same time. This wouldn't happen with a game on the Continent and it is not likely to happen again for a while.

If we can prove our travel arrangements before hand we should be given our tickets in advance.

We can all agree that having to queue up in the destination seems to be an increasing ball ache with each trip (although Bucharest was straightforward).

I am dreading Barcelona when 4,000 people have to turn up somewhere to collect. And then I predict riots for Mönchengladbach if we cant collect in Düsseldorf.

Practically though, what can we do about it? The logical protest would be not to go to the games, but that's not going to happen.

On the whole I feel that although inconvenient, the system is the lesser of the evils. It needs tweaking and a little more thought going into the collection points. There will always be those who whinge because it doesn't quite fit into their schedules or their individual circumstances and the task is to minimise those whinges by eventually getting it right, which I am sure they will do with experience. I agree that it is not acceptable for older and disabled fans to have to stand in line for a while and I would be more than happy for pensioners etc to go to the front of the queue, this is more important than me missing another pint. The comments on here represent positive valuable feed back which no doubt the club will take notice of and learn from for future venue choices. Wednesday was unique in the fact that because alot of coaches where setting off from Manchester at about the same time they arrived at the collection point at about the same time. This wouldn't happen with a game on the Continent and it is not likely to happen again for a while.
I believe the Madrid day trip had to que for 2hours to get theirs which was pretty shite. Although I'm all for the cut down on the great ticket pass on the club really do need to get the implementation of it right.

The big irony is that City didn’t sellout for Turin last season, or Munich and Roma, the previous campaign, yet the new system discriminates against people like me who did bother with those games.

It normally goes against the grain, but yesterday I travelled on the Thomson trip and struck lucky with not having to queue.

Sadly, the official trips seem to be the way forward. I’ve done 78 of the last 82 european games, but it’s becoming a complete pain in the arse.

They want it all official and sanitised.

The club is looking to organise coaches that pick up from designated areas around greater manchester at a cost obviously, that will or could stop groups and clubs going together.

Football in England has a real social element to it. People get together and have a beer and a sing song mainly with those they know. This is moving away from that for me. As long as packages are sold no one is bothered who gets them. Tourists, corporate or whoever.

It's bad now but could get worse if only club package trips are forced

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.