Tommy Doyle | On loan at Wolves

I'd be keeping him with us at least for the first half of the season.

Transfer value isn't that important when you can have a player who bleeds blue and although it's only his first season with us so there could be a big kick-on in 23/24 I've not been impressed with Phillips.

A DM trio of Rodders, Phillips & Doyle could be a bit of overkill but we all know an injury to Rodri even now would be a disaster for us.

Bossed the midfield and looked Prem class throughout.

His technical ability is brilliant,he has great vision and a wonderful pass,both short and long range, his engine/energy,desire and leadership [he is always talking and inspiring/instructing]are also first class.

Maybe his only weakness his outright pace but he makes up for that with his positioning and his reading of the game.

This loan has been an absolute gem for the kid.

Spot on. Wonderful to see. I have always wanted him to make it at City due to his connection to us, it would just be a wonderful story. I think it is unlikely, but we will see. Either way, he is due to have a wonderful career at the top level.

He had a great game.

We had him and Lavia in the academy but went and bought Phillips, doesn't make sense to me!
They obviously were hoping that the shoulder surgery was not going to be needed. Lavia has a buy back (and sell on) and Doyle is still under contract for another 2 years this coming summer. Doyle wasn't ready to be Rodri's understudy or rotation option this season so he's getting the necessary experience at SUFC.

Lets wait and see what next season brings once Real Madrid and Barcelona have bought all of our senior starting 11.

He`s good, and I`m fairly certain he`ll be a PL regular in the future, but he`s definitely not worth 40m at the moment
Sheffield United paid £23m for Rhian Brewster three years ago.
If he's a PL regular then £40m is not that much of a fee these days. Would love him to make with us though. What a story that would be.

I'd be keeping him with us at least for the first half of the season.

Transfer value isn't that important when you can have a player who bleeds blue and although it's only his first season with us so there could be a big kick-on in 23/24 I've not been impressed with Phillips.

A DM trio of Rodders, Phillips & Doyle could be a bit of overkill but we all know an injury to Rodri even now would be a disaster for us.
I think Tommy could play as an 8 too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.