Tosin Adarabioyo

Kompany hasn't been fit for any length of time since 2014.

It's now 2017, and there's still no end in sight. If this next injury recovery doesn't stick then he'll have had 3 seasons, is that not long enough? I love Vinny but the idea of keeping him on in blind hope and it costing us Adarabioyo would be ridiculous. Throwing away the future in vain hope of holding onto the past.
I actually agree, I just don't think that even Pep has the balls for this (or maybe of course he has a rational argument as I don't want to appear as a know-it-all person). Vinnie is constantly injured, but when he's not for those circa 10 games, he still got the nod ahead of Tosin, and probably rightly too. I don't think it'd change all of a sudden come next season.

The best facilities in the world mean fcuk all if you never get a sniff of the 1st team

Kompany hasn't been fit for any length of time since 2014.

It's now 2017, and there's still no end in sight. If this next injury recovery doesn't stick then he'll have had 3 seasons, is that not long enough? I love Vinny but the idea of keeping him on in blind hope and it costing us Adarabioyo would be ridiculous. Throwing away the future in vain hope of holding onto the past.

I went along to Stamford Bridge for the Youth Cup Final a couple of years ago, when Tosin was up against the supremely talented Dominic Solanke and he kept him about as quiet as anyone at City could have dared hope for. I genuinely thought he might go on to be a superstar after that, but it hasn't really happened for him. I thought he did well in the Cup game at Chelsea last year, but there were 2 or 3 pretty poor passes mixed in with some good defending, and then pre-season against Arsenal he was a nightmare of suicidal blind passing and hesitation. I wonder if that persuaded Pep in some way that Tosin wasn't ready to make the leap yet and to stick with Kompany instead?

Either way, you're right, this has to be Kompany's last chance injury wise. Keeping faith with him again and losing Adabarioyo in the process has to be a non-starter surely?

Can't understand how people saying Kompany is hindering Adarabioyos game time at us? If we replace Kompany with a good fit CB there is just another CB ahead of him. Kompany is rigthly picked in front of Tosin when fit, but as he's injured for such a lengthy time Tosin is or at least should be our third choice pure CB (I guess Kolarov and Sagna is in front of him). If we buy another defender to replace Kompany he will at best be fourth choice with no injury prone players in front of him.

I seriously hope he leaves and becomes world class just to show City that you don't have to spend 30 mil on a sub par defender. The amount of talent that we have let go to waste is staggering.

It'd be a real shame to lose Adarabioyo, but I wouldn't blame him for looking to further his career elsewhere. Must've been frustrating for him seeing Kolarov and Sagna getting the nod ahead of him at centre half this season. Still hope we can persuade him to sign a new deal, but the longer it goes on the less likely it looks.

Got a feeling this one could end up biting us on the ass.

Been going on for about 4 month this,apparently thinks there is "too much competition" at centre half.
Being ill advised IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.