Total Doom: how much disaster can City fans take??

I've taken it before and I'll take it again. Just go down fighting if we have to go down & I don't mean down the divisions I mean down the league.

I will forgive them anything if they fight for Manchester City. As I've just said to someone at the club, (& on this forum several times) managers come, managers go, players come, players go, but Manchester City will still be here and so will our genuine fans.

There's not too much to be concerned about. We have great finances and a world class manager. Guardiola has only been here for 6 months - when he has players which suit his style of play our performances will improve dramatically (good full backs, smart centre backs, more guile and legs in central midfield).

My biggest concern however is our quite appalling transfer record. Some of the signings have been atrocious, and for huge money as well. Bony, Mangala, Jovetic to name a few. Amongst that players such as Fernando, Delph, Kolarov, Clichy, Navas have been too near to the first team for far to long.

We've spent a fortune and have no depth up-front, no midfield, no full backs and really poor options all over the place. Ill-thought approach to signings and a lack of imagination in the transfer market has left us off the pace. Do I trust our directors to bring in the right people for Pep? In truth, no. Do I even think the caliber of players we require to play Pep's football are readily available in the market? Again, probably not.

The maddest thing for me is the number of people who seem genuinely angry these days. I've seen 'em on here, on Twitter, met them at games. They seem to hate every aspect of the club. The pre match entertainment makes the want to kill someone, the Barcification of the club has taken it's soul, every game is a MUST win otherwise someone must be sacked. It's just all so fucking tragic. I've literally NOTHING in common with these people because their anger is so deep rooted and so irrational it's hard to even acknowledge them as City supporters. They just seem to watch us out of duty/habit/boredom whilst lambasting the entire experience.

Personally I've never been more in love with the club than I have been since the takeover and it grows each season as we progress both on and off the pitch.

Post of the season already for me.

I won't hear talk of 'doom and gloom' until the next time we play Stockport!!

In our promotion season we got beat 4-0 off Wimbledon at home, and that season turned out pretty good!

Still early days and lots to play for

The maddest thing for me is the number of people who seem genuinely angry these days. I've seen 'em on here, on Twitter, met them at games. They seem to hate every aspect of the club. The pre match entertainment makes the want to kill someone, the Barcification of the club has taken it's soul, every game is a MUST win otherwise someone must be sacked. It's just all so fucking tragic. I've literally NOTHING in common with these people because their anger is so deep rooted and so irrational it's hard to even acknowledge them as City supporters. They just seem to watch us out of duty/habit/boredom whilst lambasting the entire experience.

Personally I've never been more in love with the club than I have been since the takeover and it grows each season as we progress both on and off the pitch.

Hear hear.

And I would add

That the national psyche means that most people don't go to the match to enjoy themselves. I watch quite a bit of Spanish football. People there go to have a good time, and will have a good time, win or lose.They enjoy the day. I get the feel feeling this is true in most of Europe.

In England at the Etihad and Maine rd before it this is not so for the majority.
Up to the kick off and for a couple of minutes the mood is good. But then quite quickly the result and winning becomes all important and the mood can change.

I make a great effort now to enjoy every second of the day, the match, the journey, the food (not at the ground)

No doom for me. Silva, Tevez, Nasri, De bruyne compared to Pollock, Kinsey, McMahon. City fans should be having a party every week but it is not in the national pysche.

Dome & gloom you should have been at the 6-0 derby 1989 the baseball ground it was standing & we all sat down it was that bad ctid

Many of us have known the bad times,the lean times ,the times when you wondered why you keep going. We served our apprenticeship when City were broke, or when we had money but tossed it away . Many of us had years of living in the shadows ,the worse we got the better the rag scum got and we had to take the shit off them. We celebrated like crazy any small success,we were identified by our fans gallows humour .
Expectations were so low that anything positive was momentous. Then it all changed -or did it.

Can't believe you sat down that day. Never been in a stand that rammed.
Had a great night out in matlock though.
Went to sheff wed New Year's Day didn't have a ticket they let us pay in standing at the side got beat 2-0 sat down for about 60 mins but we were still pissed from the night before

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.