Unisex Football

danburge82 said:
Even the very very top level women's football is a ridiculously poor standard compared to men's.

I'd say the women's World Cup final is no better than half decent level Sunday league football for men. If that. It's gash!

Literally.

Just watching Great Britain Ladies v Cameroon Ladies (2-0).

Quite good quality of football (second goal was a cracker). Aguero could have used finishing like that v Arsenal.

Most surprising is the Cameroon 'keeper. She is having an absolute stormer.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Bigga said:
Some time ago the Brasilian player, Marta, was being courted to play for a second division men's team in Italy. It was given some consideration, I believe.

Apparently it wasn't a publicity stunt.

watched a youtube clip of her and technically she looked spot on, much better than many professional men.If most top level women footballers anywhere near her level I might seriously consider watching it.

The number 14 for Japan, Hakata(I think), is an exceptional playmaker.

Been missing a few games but will try and watch a few if I remember!

I´ve actually been surprised a bit at the quality, the goalkeepers are generally still pretty rubbish, as is some of the defending, but there´s some real skill as well. And they tend to get tackled, get up and get on with it, which is a breath of fresh air.

Megan Rapinoe for the US looks a really good player, great touch, smart and quick (relatively of course).

MadchesterCity said:
There are 2 gaping reasons that woman will never be able to play with men

danburge82 said:
Even the very very top level women's football is a ridiculously poor standard compared to men's.

I'd say the women's World Cup final is no better than half decent level Sunday league football for men. If that. It's gash!

i-see-what-you-did-there-261.jpg

JakeRedMCFC said:
With all the female football being on now, it got me thinking about how the quality of the top level of women's football compares to men's.
Could they ever combine and all of the women get transferred into mens football (at whichever level they are good enough for?)
How many of the female footballers could make it at Premier League level?
Is it highly unlikely due to all other leagues in Europe and around the world having to agree due to playing each other and tranfers?

How about a men playing in women league, I'd certianly give it a go if not just for the team bath after the game.

i dont think were giving them as much credit as they diserve to be honest they played against brazil last night and some of the tackles that got put in was incredible... they was flying about everywhere... the passing was good, i just think everytime they go to shoot, it doesnt look right the way they carry themselfs... either way i think some of us are being abit harsh on the comments... there probs better than most league 1 teams i dont think any of them would do anything in the prem..

but as another poster said the day that football gets merged is the day football dies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.