United (A) | Post Match Thread

Somebody is giddy when everyone else is miserable as fuck...
You are not even making sense now…. Who is giddy?!!! We disagree, it happens, deal with it, doesn’t make you a better fan than me or the other way round. It’s a forum, people express their opinion. Not sure what your obsession is with me but it’s becoming rather sad. Have a good evening and I hope, more than you believe , that you bring up all my “bookmarked” posts at the end of the season if we end up winning the league.

I mean,

Who is actually taking that result seriously?

We dominated them. They are shit. Absolutely terrible. Fred is a crash test dummy the rest are zombies. And the only way they were gonna get anything was with a shocking ref decision. That’s exactly what they got. Is that a surprise? Is it balls. It’s ingrained in the premier league. The theatre of dreams bollocks.

We played ok, not amazing but then our form says that wouldn’t be the case, but c’mon they are bobbins. To a man.

Enjoy it blues.

We are above them and still will be come may.
We dominated possession not them, if 70% possession leads to one attempt on target what's the point.

Allowing the 'offside' goal to stand today has set a precedent. A tactical game changer; in that an offside player can continue to follow the through ball, shepherd it without touching it, a team mate then follows up to stroke the ball into the net or even pass to another team mate to maintain possession, supposedly legitimately.
The offside rule has now had a big red bus driven through and over it.

Or Yaya, Dinho and Sane who always showed up in big games. I still can’t believe we didn’t start Laporte either.
Do you want me to post all of their records against United?

One of the most infuriating things about 10+ years of success is we are hitting the nostalgia era where players from the past were always better.

Obviously rashford was in an offside position....the debate is about was he interfering with play.

Before the ball was played up to him by casemiro he made a run, hence rashford interfered with play because our defenders and goalkeeper alter their positions according to his run.

Akanji held his track back to play rashford offside, hence rashford interfered with play.

casemiro played a pass clearly for rashford, not fernandes, hence rashford interfered with play.

Akanji would have cleared the ball if rashford wasn't there shielding the ball by river dancing over the ball for 20 yards, hence rashford interfered with play.

rashford runs 20 yards with the ball at his feet, and because he doesn't touch the ball they say he didn't interfer with play? But if the ball is within touching distance then rashford interfered with play.

If it was just fernandes running for the ball, then Arkanji and Walker would have got there first to clear it, but there were fernandes and rashford running for the ball which changes decision making, speed, positioning, etc by both Arkanji and Walker and Ederson, hence rashford interfered with play.

With two forwards potentially shooting, which one does Ederson position himself for, hence rashford interfered with play.

Conclusion is clearly rashford interfered with play. But officials decide he wasn't interfering with play. This isn't a genuine mistake which is forgivable.....this was cheating. If VAR made the decision to award the goal then it isn't a mistake....it was cheating. If VAR wasn't involved then again this is cheating because they should have been involved.

I've watched City and football for 60 years, and played for 25 years, and I've seen plenty of genuine mistakes. This wasn't a genuine mistake.

Last edited:
The excitement of Sane and Sterling on the wings. David playing Sane in…. The days of everyone off their seats, and you could hear the seats flipping back just to watch Sane dancing past players, crossing for Sergio to score. That side was so exciting to watch.
Back to today. Stirling is certainly not pulling up trees for Chelsea. Sane the same at Bayern. These players have had their days at City. The club needs to seek out quality players who can cause mayhem to defences across Europe.
Perhaps we need to go after the A list players like Mr Mbape. We have signed bargain players to fill the squad. 3 A lister players is what we need now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.