United post-match thread

I have absolutely no problem with resting players for the league cup - this is were we are at now it is very low priority.

The worry for me is how little we created - Even after resting players we had three wingers and Inheachio on the pitch all did virtually nothing.

Also if I ever see Fernando on our bench again before Garcia I'd be very disappointed. He AGAIN was by far the worst player on the pitch.

Well why bother entering it then? Or throw it in the first round and let fans know that is the intention. Was pointless me wasting money to go and watch us play in it all those times over the years if
it means so little. We cannot pick and choose as we don't have the trophies to back that sort of arrogance up.

I agree with you in that we must prioritise but had we not cocked 2 home games up by playing the football we did we wouldn't be under pressure going into the WBA game. Hell, maybe it would have been better to play our first team last night, our 'reserves' at the weekend and first team again against Barca if people honestly believe they need such vast amounta of rest between matches. Would have given then even more of a break surely?
We played the same team in the first round near enough and if you thought we'd play a stronger side just because it's the rags you need your head testing, 90% of people of hear could have told you that before you spent your money.

And yes, we are in the position to pick and choose which game is more important and manage the squad and we did. It's just a few soft arses that can't see the wood for the trees.

You agree about prioritising matches then suggest last night was a bigger game than a league match? Why? It was the 4th most important trophy we play for. Saturday is the most important.

Well why bother entering it then? Or throw it in the first round and let fans know that is the intention. Was pointless me wasting money to go and watch us play in it all those times over the years if
it means so little. We cannot pick and choose as we don't have the trophies to back that sort of arrogance up.

I agree with you in that we must prioritise but had we not cocked 2 home games up by playing the football we did we wouldn't be under pressure going into the WBA game. Hell, maybe it would have been better to play our first team last night, our 'reserves' at the weekend and first team again against Barca if people honestly believe they need such vast amounts of rest between matches. Would have given then even more of a break surely?

We didn't throw it, we adopted the exact same policy we used against Swansea in the last round.

It's not arrogance, it's about being practical.

Well I can't say I believe your protestations, but I'm sure your not in the least bothered. In answer to the question lets be fair, the precedent has been set last year, the difference is were not defending the FA cup and unlike last year when were were in the latter stages of the League cup this year we wont be so time will tell.
That's up to you mate, I have no reason to lie about what I believe in but that is irelevant.

So in your mind is fighting for a cup more important or defending it? I'm probably torn between the two to be honest with you, always liked the idea of retaining a cup for whatever reason but enjoy the thrill of trying to win something that was lost out on previously, I do agree in that the FA cup will be different for us this year as we might not have a fixture pile up.

read what i put again...he is here to establish a way of playing....a style if you were but calling it a style is over simplifying it. A core belief is probably better...this takes time and cant be done over 15 games but surely you can see and must be impressed with the fact that he is getting that style regardless of who we play int eh starting 11.

Did you think utd were better than us...I would say even if you were just to base it on the one game tonight, utd fans will be a lot more worried about that result than we should be...their near strongest 11 against potentially at least 5 players who would not normally play in that game. (Willy, maffeo, navas fernando and garcia...you may add sane into that as well) plus kolorvo at centre half for the entire second half.

I read what you typed. If I just use my eyes and forget that Pep is our manager then last 6 games I see the same predictable football from last season. I'm sure that Pep will turn it around but I think you're vastly overstating the change in style and movement.

We played the same team in the first round near enough and if you thought we'd play a stronger side just because it's the rags you need your head testing, 90% of people of hear could have told you that before you spent your money.

And yes, we are in the position to pick and choose which game is more important and manage the squad and we did. It's just a few soft arses that can't see the wood for the trees.

You agree about prioritising matches then suggest last night was a bigger game than a league match? Why? It was the 4th most important trophy we play for. Saturday is the most important.
You missed my point, if we hadn't backed ourselves into a corner with shit league performances we could have played a better side last night and had them fresh for the Champs League. We would still be top. I disagree with you though, we are in NO position to ever think we are worth more than any cup.

Say WBA are tough to break down which we know can happen and we spend 90 mins in another exhausting match and get a draw, we are absolutely nackered against Barca and they rip us a new one because of that, is is still good to prioritise the way we have? Potentially out of the top 4 and hanging on for Champs League qualification? A good cup run could have been a saving grace at that point. Obviously I hope we win 10-0 both games but from what i've seen over the last month we couldn't hit a barn never mind a barn door!

Last edited:
Ah my bad just remembered it's played over two! Still, gutted we didn't give this a proper shot.
Yeah i know what you mean, just hopefully we benefit long term from the players getting that extra bit of rest. Time will tell

I have absolutely no problem with resting players for the league cup - this is were we are at now it is very low priority.

The worry for me is how little we created - Even after resting players we had three wingers and Inheachio on the pitch all did virtually nothing.

Also if I ever see Fernando on our bench again before Garcia I'd be very disappointed. He AGAIN was by far the worst player on the pitch.
I thought Navas did alright. He was running at James Corden though so he may have made him look good. That cross for Kelechi in the second minute should have seen him score, it was a great ball. That goes in, like it should have, then its a different game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.