United post-match thread

You missed my point, if we hadn't backed ourselves into a corner with shit league performances we could have played a better side last night and had them fresh for the Champs League. We would still be top. I disagree with you though, we are in NO position to ever think we are worth more than any cup.
If Utd had not got thrashed at CFC, they would have played a weakened team. All the teams who are in Champions League played weakened sides.

We were never ever going to prioritise League Cup over League as you are suggesting. Pellegrini always said he would not prioritise competitions and focus on the next match and that is wrong. However well paid, players are still human and need recovery time and only have a limited energy budget

Did you see that flick Pogba did over the defenders head followed by a screamer into the top corner? Admittedly it was in an advert at half time, but still. Definitely worth the fee

You missed my point, if we hadn't backed ourselves into a corner with shit league performances we could have played a better side last night and had them fresh for the Champs League. We would still be top. I disagree with you though, we are in NO position to ever think we are worth more than any cup.

First of all we are top of the league. Not bad for "shit league performances". Secondly, these "shit league performances" weren't exactly shit were they? I know for a fact we should of beat Everton that was a freak result. Tottenham deserved to win but could of been a lot different if David Silva made it 1 - 0 at the start of the game and AK didn't score a freak own goal, also we had more chances (Aguero hit the post etc).

Well why bother entering it then? Or throw it in the first round and let fans know that is the intention. Was pointless me wasting money to go and watch us play in it all those times over the years if
it means so little. We cannot pick and choose as we don't have the trophies to back that sort of arrogance up.

I agree with you in that we must prioritise but had we not cocked 2 home games up by playing the football we did we wouldn't be under pressure going into the WBA game. Hell, maybe it would have been better to play our first team last night, our 'reserves' at the weekend and first team again against Barca if people honestly believe they need such vast amounts of rest between matches. Would have given then even more of a break surely?

We're not yet good enough to win the CL...we can't beat Spurs,Everton or Soton FFS.
The FA Cup is 11 weeks away.
We're top of the league...just
We're EFL Cup holders
We've players coming back from injury & Jesus coming at Xmas.
WHY throw the chance away particularly agin the vermin & if we're goina do that,why not play ALL the youngsters and give them some match time experience. You never know they might have won. They beat all the other rag teams!!

First of all we are top of the league. Not bad for "shit league performances". Secondly, these "shit league performances" weren't exactly shit were they? I know for a fact we should of beat Everton that was a freak result. Tottenham deserved to win but could of been a lot different if David Silva made it 1 - 0 at the start of the game and AK didn't score a freak own goal, also we had more chances (Aguero hit the post etc).
We've been shit. You can dress it anyway you want but we can't defend and can't score. Shit.

I've never been so bored in my life than I was at Everton, it is the same old side to side to lose posession football we have played for 3 years yet people can see a radical change, its unbelievable.

Last edited:

Say WBA are tough to break down which we know can happen and we spend 90 mins in another exhausting match and get a draw, we are absolutely nackered against Barca and they rip us a new one because of that, is is still good to prioritise the way we have? Potentially out of the top 4 and hanging on for Champs League qualification? A good cup run could have been a saving grace at that point. Obviously I hope we win 10-0 both games but from what i've seen over the last month we couldn't hit a barn never mind a barn door!
You're contradicting yourself a little here. On the one hand we shouldn't be so 'arrogant' as to give up this trophy but on the other one; the reason we didn't win the last two league games was because we were 'shit' and had nothing to do with how the opposition played. It allows for no concept of how football works, how it has always worked and, hopefully, will continue to work in the future. Now that is proper arrogance.

I'm trying to reply to people that are quoting but struggling to keep up so rather than getting into arguments with fellow fans i'm not going to reply to anymore, nothing personal it's just opinions differ and if you have a different one on here you tend to get jumped on by the hoards!

Hopefully we kick on from here, batter West Brom and get back to winning ways as that is ultimately what we all want!

I know last night was an away game, but when fans are criticised for poor attendances in cup competitions, is it any wonder? If the club aren't taking it seriously there isn't much incentive for fans who actually pay hard earned money to pay for the privilege.

Not worried about the current run of form.
I added to the poor attendances after the piss poor results at home against Newcastle (League Cup defeat), Sheffield Wednesday (FA Cup two goals down before we got our act together), Middlesbrough next round after the Wednesday tie (defeat).

The teams performance in those three games just did it for me, why bother entering a competition if you are going to put out under strength teams who put on shoddy half arsed displays.

You join the Cup Schemes and the Club are guaranteed your hard earned money only for them to not give a shit, only league matches after that for me because I also do not support that completely corrupt competition laughingly called "The Champions (what!) League".

We've been shit. You can dress it anyway you want but we can't defend and can't score. Shit.

I've never been so bored in my life tha I was at Everton, it is the same old side to side to lose posession football we have played for 3 years yet people can see a radical change, its unbelievable.
oh dear, if you can't see a difference between pellers 442, and how we play and press now then your not a blue or haven't seen lot of football in your lifetime.

If Utd had not got thrashed at CFC, they would have played a weakened team. All the teams who are in Champions League played weakened sides.

We were never ever going to prioritise League Cup over League as you are suggesting. Pellegrini always said he would not prioritise competitions and focus on the next match and that is wrong. However well paid, players are still human and need recovery time and only have a limited energy budget

Surely then it would have made more sense to have played a strong team yesterday, then rested players at the weekend before the Barça match. It was a derby ffs and we should have given it everything - not just because it's a competition we stood a strong chance of winning, but also because it was THEM and we could have left them in real crisis. Losing a derby hurts - whatever the competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.