VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24

View attachment 115495

Mind you, the IFAB VAR protocol says very clearly, and IFAB have reiterated many times, that on-field offside decisions should only be changed for clear and obvious errors. So it seems FIFA/ FA/ PL choose the parts they want to follow and the parts they don't want to follow.
What a load of bollocks how can it work in rugby then,there is no need for multiple people looking at one decision..

I have been thinking about the Forest debacle yesterday, let me start by saying that i personally believe they had a strong case on all three penalties. At first glance the comment about the VAR official being a Luton fan sounds a little bit like sour grapes and there is a world of difference between someone being incompetent and someone being corrupt. But i then started to think how come the on field officials all failed to give penalties as well?, it wasn't a case that they gave the penalty and then VAR and the Luton Fan then overruled it.

So what exactly are Forest implying then?

How could the linesman, referee and VAR all fail to award at least one of the three penalty claims.

If they are making accusations of bias against them then I think they also need to question the motives of the on field officials as well.

If feels to me that by pointing at the VAR they indirectly question the motives of the on field officials as well.

I think there are a couple of changes that could be made that would clear up a lot of this mess. In my opinion I would make the changes below.

1. Offside decisions would only be made based on the head position of the players, fuck all this shoulders, knees, hips and feet bollocks.
2. The freeze frame should be from an image where the ball being played is still in contact with the persons body who is making the pass.
3. There should be clear daylight between the two players heads for the decision to be made, if not the advantage goes to the attacking side.

I am tempted to also allow the managers of each side to be allowed three VAR challenges per game, once they have used them then no more VAR checks will be allowed.

Yes, gutted for them, I would have loved Man Utd going out like that.

But if the tables were turned we’d all be pissing ourselves right ?

Joy and emptiness is all part of football, what if the lino flagged offside like prior VAR , or a ref awards Man Utd a last min penalty for a tussle in the box from a corner or loads of other examples that have always existed.
You know I have been a supporter of VAR. But that yesterday really really hit me. Maybe it’s how our officials use it. That was an absolute travesty. If that had been the rags I think I’m big enough to concede the unfairness of it. There was no justification to disallow that goal. Do we just put it down to human mistake/manipulation?

I get it because of the entire situation and personally I’ve never been a fan of VAR but I don’t really get why yesterday’s has caused so much uproar specifically. It’s a consequence of the decision people wanted by putting in VAR in the first place. Even if they’re marginal, they’re still offside and it’s less marginal than it was last season.

I have been thinking about the Forest debacle yesterday, let me start by saying that i personally believe they had a strong case on all three penalties. At first glance the comment about the VAR official being a Luton fan sounds a little bit like sour grapes and there is a world of difference between someone being incompetent and someone being corrupt. But i then started to think how come the on field officials all failed to give penalties as well?, it wasn't a case that they gave the penalty and then VAR and the Luton Fan then overruled it.

So what exactly are Forest implying then?

How could the linesman, referee and VAR all fail to award at least one of the three penalty claims.

If they are making accusations of bias against them then I think they also need to question the motives of the on field officials as well.

If feels to me that by pointing at the VAR they indirectly question the motives of the on field officials as well.
It'll be brushed under the carpet cos some ex bent bastard says it's all fine

Good on Forest imo, call the fucking cheats and cartel out and hopefully go some way of ridding us from the scourge on the game that is PiGMOB and its VAR.
Notable that those that are slagging them off the loudest are the ones that represent the cartel 2 and who desperately want things to stay as they are, using their television platform to do so. Wankers the lot of them.

I know it’s not VAR but the Hooper Spurs decision came to my mind before with all this Forest nonsense.

Still can’t believe how shambolic a decision that was and it was glossed over completely as an ‘error’ and something that just happens.

Absolutely zero repercussions for referees who make bad decisions and while that’s the case, it’ll just continue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.