Vincent Kompany - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by karen7, 19 Jul 2017.

1. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

Is it me or does he look like he has shed quite a bit of muscle? thought he looked gaunt today.

Not his best game today

2. BlueS

BlueS

Still doing his best, bit of a shame to watch though. Can he retire soon please? I want to always be proud of him.

3. Dax777

Dax777

While true, Walker better not say shit. As he too was often clueless giving the ball away unnecessarily. Just a bad day all together for both.

4. OB1

OB1

I doubt it. He has a contract so why should he leave.

5. kevin horlocks wand

kevin horlocks wand

Absolutely, it was Walker who switched off for the goal. It was his man.

6. bluegaz13

bluegaz13

I think some people have watched a different game today...........whilst not at his supreme best, he was pretty solid had a very decent game.
    Ottemendi is getting the plaudits at the moment....but it took him the best part of a season to get used to Peps tactics.....it is far too early to write Kompany off .

7. BLUEMATT23

BLUEMATT23

I thought he was excellent I really did.

8. St.Pauli support

St.Pauli support

I think he had a very good first half.
    Can't remember any mistakes in the 2nd.

I think Komps did absolutely right to control the 1-0 lead in a calm way.
    Others wanted to go all out to finish the match, sadly playing a wasteful end product.
    We should have been less greedy, accept being not at our best today (and Burnley quite well tbf) and play the clock down.
    When we want to be successful in big CL games, Pep and the players have to be ready for that option aswell.

9. Heart.net

Heart.net

Slowed down the game way too much, and i thought Otamendi was being influenced in the same way at times.

10. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

It's not just you, I thought the exact same thing when I saw him on the screen before KO.

I've become a little bit blinded to Kompany's shortcomings because on first viewing I thought he was quite good, but when I watched the game again later I agreed with everyone here. But I don't think he'll be gone in the summer because who buys a player with that kind of injury record?