West Ham 2016/17

Apparently , the segregation on the concourse is non existent . There will be fun and games when Totenham or Chelsea roll into town!
They play Chelsea in the League cup soon. 9,000 Chelsea fans, with no segregation and a night match to boot. It's going to be a bloodbath

they seem to have a real problem with standing at their new ground. they dont seem to have any organized singing/ standing section and lots of fights happening because of that.

Have been listening to the after match phone in on Talksport and West Ham's stadium has been slagged off by a journalist from the Sun who said it was not a football stadium in any shape or form and whilst in was a big arena it lacked the character of many grounds, quoting "If you compare it to the Etihad which is such an imposing football arena its hard to remember that it was originally an athletics stadium but with proper advanced planning including digging down to replace the running track a fantastic football ground has been created and now has been added too" Rich praise indeed. He also,quoted that he thought West Ham had sold their soul in chase of the extra revenue and the fans who loved Upton Park are now beginning to turn on the clubs owners as with the recent problems inside the ground and the lack of foresight by the owners in not ensuring the ground internally was not up to first class football standards the fans are beginning to see through all glits and glamour that surrounded it's opening.

Interesting this. I genuinely don't understand why they're trying to run before they can walk. They've marketed the stadium well and built on last seasons success quite well, but it's easy to get carried away. They should've stuck with the original plans and kept it as a circa 50-55k capacity. New stadia are great, but once reality kicks in it will be hard for them to maintain fans interest. We had the same problem. I remember blues speculating about expansion of the Etihad when we were filling it in 2003-2005. When the footie wasn't matching our ambitions that began to change. That will be West Ham's challenge. Not this season, but next season and beyond.

Apparently , the segregation on the concourse is non existent . There will be fun and games when Totenham or Chelsea roll into town!
It's mad that this issue has only come to light since it opened. Did no one from West Ham, the stadium owners, the local council, the police etc notice this during the years of planning that went into transforming it into its current state? It's the same with not having the Airwave communications set up. All seems a bit shambolic to me.

The stadium is bloody lovely. My view is fine. Atmosphere is fine. Takes me 20 mins - door to seat and the area is nice aswell. Much prefer it to Upton Park.

It's what's happening on the pitch that is concerning me the most.

The stadium is bloody lovely. My view is fine. Atmosphere is fine. Takes me 20 mins - door to seat and the area is nice aswell. Much prefer it to Upton Park.

And that's what matters. Opposition fans love an opportunity to put down other teams' stadia, fans etc but it's not really any of their business.

I have only visited Olympic Park and the surroundings. I thought it was very impressive. Really looking forward to our away game against you lot.

My view is fine

man-looking-through-binoculars-600x360.jpg

‘Persistent standing within the seating bowl will be discouraged and in the first instance stewards will ask customers to be seated,’

"CUSTOMERS", not fans. Nice!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.