West Ham Post Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by buckshot, 3 Dec 2017.

1. stonerblue

stonerblue

rambler
    Football is NOT entertainment.
    Luckily we have a team that is not only winning, but doing it with some style.

2. colbee59

colbee59

I've no objection to teams coming and playing a 10 man defence, but what winds me up is the time wasting at dead balls and throw ins and goalkeepers holding the ball forever(I thought there was a six second rule for goalkeepers), referees need to take control and book players earlier

3. willipp

willipp

Absolutely, but wasnt that long ago we weren't and we had to fight and scrap for every point just to stay up. Seems quite a few have forgotton that.

4. Jazzman

Jazzman

Living in Munich I naturally have come to watch quite a bit of Bayern Munich (I hate the club but it is almost inevitable to watch them down here). Actually always, but in particular during Pep's spell as coach, teams came to the Allianz arena with absolutely no intention to play ball. The sole purpose was to limit the defeat. It even came to the point that some teams sent their 2nd string, knowing they would anyway loose. I think we are seeing the beginning of the same thing with City now. There is nothing we can do about it except getting better at playing against 11 defenders. If we could score 1-2 goals earlier in the game things would be much easier.

5. mancunial

mancunial

This

6. Grassland Blue

Grassland Blue

Referring to.the comment I made earlier about the rags not being title challengers.
    I know they are 2nd and I know that some people think that they will challenge for the title.
    The reality is different. The title is ours to lose and the best they can do is finish a distant second.
    Mark my words, we will beat them on Sunday, we will be 11 points clear and they will be going back to the drawing board!

7. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

Samaritan
    When the laws were changed in 1997 goalies were given four steps to move with the ball in their hands and six seconds to release the ball.
    Daughter counted WHU goalie break this law virtually every time. There's supposed to be an indirect free kick awarded.

http://asktheref.com/Soccer Rules/Question/24765/

8. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

I had to correct myself cheering Zabba. It was weird. Thought he got a great reception. He didn't play badly either. As far as the game is concerned, I thought we were poor in the first half and a lot better second. I'm just about to watch the recording to see what was going on first half. Thought Ota had a great game apart from being out leapt for their goal. Thought Mangler was ok. Not great but not bad either. Mike Dean just let them waste time with no action whatsoever but booked Rahim immediately when he flicked the ball away from their free kick. I hope the club stays in their faces all season. The match going public deserve better and more consistent performances from these clowns.

9. Grassland Blue

Grassland Blue

The four steps rule no longer applies I believe although I am not sure about the six second rule.
    Joe always used to dither!

10. eyalluvitt

eyalluvitt

My wife goes mad when i enforce the six second rule