Westworld TV Show

Watched episode 4 last night, the plot is going everywhere, which I like because it give you loads to think about, one of the ideas I've thought:

William or Logan is the Man in Black in a different timeline/30 years ago when the "accident" happened - Turning him into the MIB so essentially we are following two different story arcs but because of story loops and the actual editing it looks like a linear story progression. Maybe getting through the maze is a way for the hosts to pass the final test for them to becoming fully sentient and you end up working for Westworld. Bernard seems to be the most likely robot - ford seems to know excatly what makes him tick. Teresa too. Imagine that, robots shagging and they don't know they're robots!

Watched episode 4 last night, the plot is going everywhere, which I like because it give you loads to think about, one of the ideas I've thought:

William or Logan is the Man in Black in a different timeline/30 years ago when the "accident" happened - Turning him into the MIB so essentially we are following two different story arcs but because of story loops and the actual editing it looks like a linear story progression. Maybe getting through the maze is a way for the hosts to pass the final test for them to becoming fully sentient and you end up working for Westworld. Bernard seems to be the most likely robot - ford seems to know excatly what makes him tick. Teresa too. Imagine that, robots shagging and they don't know they're robots!

Lots of people saying the same thing online, one of the more popular theories. Its a weird one though, theres loads of evidence to show its all happening at the same time but theres also loads of evidence to show its on a different timeline. If it is a different timeline, remember the tattered photo of the woman in times square that sent Dolores' father mental? I reckon thats a photo of Logans sister, the woman who William is engaged to. Before they entered the park they had to hand over their belongings, i think he kept that photo in his pocket and we will see him with it at some point looking brand new which will reveal to the audience its a different timeline.

Lots of people saying the same thing online, one of the more popular theories. Its a weird one though, theres loads of evidence to show its all happening at the same time but theres also loads of evidence to show its on a different timeline. If it is a different timeline, remember the tattered photo of the woman in times square that sent Dolores' father mental? I reckon thats a photo of Logans sister, the woman who William is engaged to. Before they entered the park they had to hand over their belongings, i think he kept that photo in his pocket and we will see him with it at some point looking brand new which will reveal to the audience its a different timeline.

Good idea. Another thing was when Dolores meet the young girl who's mother the MIB killed, that seemed to shoot down the timeline theory until she looked round and she wasn't there anymore as if it was a glitch or something. You also had a guest thanking the MiB for how his "foundation" or something had helped him to which he told him to shut the fuck up. Maybe that's the family business Logan told William he was marrying into?

Maybe someone can help me out here.

Each episode in the saloon, the pianola plays a cover of a modern song.

Episode 1 - Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Episode 2 - No Suprirses by Radiohead
Episode 4 - Forest by The Cure

But I, for the life of me, couldn't work out what the song was in Episode Three. Any help?

Maybe someone can help me out here.

Each episode in the saloon, the pianola plays a cover of a modern song.

Episode 1 - Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Episode 2 - No Suprirses by Radiohead
Episode 4 - Forest by The Cure

But I, for the life of me, couldn't work out what the song was in Episode Three. Any help?

Peacherine Rag by Maple Leaf Ragtime Band

2 and half in, I'm out!!

I'm not out but I've watched the first 3 and I havent hurried to watch the 4th episode.

I like the Stony analogy re family guy and the godfather, it insists on itself, I thought it might be me being a bit contrary because everyone thinks its great, but as we have proved to have similar tastes before, it doesnt surprise me that you think the same. Youre still a **** though.

do we know what year it's supposed to be set in?

Experts believe the A.I. singularity is expected somewhere between 2030 - 2045. Futurist Ray Kurzweil says revolutions in genetics, nanotechnology and robotics will usher in the beginning of the Singularity.
Kurzweil feels with sufficient genetic technology it should be possible to maintain the body indefinitely, reversing aging while curing cancer and heart disease - something Dr Ford has said man has conquered.

If the show has done this simple bit of homework, and adding years to build hosts and refine legal issues I would estimate the "accident" that was "30 years ago" would have been near the park's inception around 2055. So I would guess the year would be 2085 if current events are unfolding in linear fashion. That said, the photograph that was found looks like something from today's time period - but even now no one really walks about with photo's unless you had to go somewhere for a while where you couldn't have any mobile access .

But with it being sci-fi it could be set right now - the main thing you have to do with sci fi is suspend belief.
We've not seen the outside world yet either - which might give a better idea.

I'm not out but I've watched the first 3 and I havent hurried to watch the 4th episode.

I like the Stony analogy re family guy and the godfather, it insists on itself, I thought it might be me being a bit contrary because everyone thinks its great, but as we have proved to have similar tastes before, it doesnt surprise me that you think the same. Youre still a **** though.

No chance this will get past 2 series (IMO), regardless of planned....

It reminds me a little of the way boardwalk fizzled out, the difference being you were committed due to time spent, however, the ingredients remained but the format let it down.... And nothing wrong with being a ****, a brummie ****? That's different (:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.