Westworld TV Show

A little too smug with itself and probably gonna call it a day after watching episode 3.

Reminds me far too much of second series of True Detective, "we know, you don't" theme.

The production lay-out is amazing but they should have chucked more money at giving proper storylines to Vinyl, which had all the ingredients to have serious value behind it.

At least new season of Blacklist starts next week and I thought In the Night of was quite brilliant.

Also just watched Shades of Blue - started great - lost its way - and then came storming back in the final three episodes.

Watched episode 5 last night, good episode and really pushed the plot forward. Wish theyd just do a Netflix and release them all at once, sick of waiting a week!

A little too smug with itself and probably gonna call it a day after watching episode 3.

Reminds me far too much of second series of True Detective, "we know, you don't" theme.

The production lay-out is amazing but they should have chucked more money at giving proper storylines to Vinyl, which had all the ingredients to have serious value behind it.

At least new season of Blacklist starts next week and I thought In the Night of was quite brilliant.

Also just watched Shades of Blue - started great - lost its way - and then came storming back in the final three episodes.
Good to see since I've already stopped after the second ep.

Agree about Vinyl, really disappointing as the cast and core plot were excellent - just too many cliches and like you say, not enough depth in storylines. I liked it enough personally but can see why they wouldn't continue it, especially since the likes of Rolling Stone slated it every week.

Watched episode 5 last night, good episode and really pushed the plot forward. Wish theyd just do a Netflix and release them all at once, sick of waiting a week!

Its going in a lot of interesting directions, I think its fair to say now that somewhere in there more than one timeline is being played out.
As for Dr Ford, what he up to? Whats his plan and who's has he been?

Have watched the first 4 and become increasingly bored. It's really nicely made, acted, set, production values are fabulous. Just can't get engaged with the characters or plot. Shame as I was really looking forward to it.

Watched episode 4 and really struggling to see where the story is going. Its all over the place and hard to see where stories are linked or what they are moving towards. It almost feels to me like one of those where they are writing without knowing the end story.

Watched episode 4 and really struggling to see where the story is going. Its all over the place and hard to see where stories are linked or what they are moving towards. It almost feels to me like one of those where they are writing without knowing the end story.
Just like Lost, al, the shit in that that never tied in at the end, they get much more respect from me if they do a shorter series with a definite ending, but the networks see a cash cow and make them string it out.

My view too - I've gone the other way than a few on here - started out moderately interesting, and having seen the original film a few times wasn't too bothered. However, as each week has gone on, i'm more intrigued by it. I find myself think about it in the hours and days after watching each episode now, in the way you do occasionally with a really good film or book. We really do need to see the whole series now. In fact I've even considered trying to get a stream or rip of the current episode on the Sunday evening as it airs in the US.

The only nagging doubt for me is that they'll stretch the whole thing out for series beyond series and lose all momentum - The Affair, Breaking Bad etc etc

Just like Lost, al, the shit in that that never tied in at the end, they get much more respect from me if they do a shorter series with a definite ending, but the networks see a cash cow and make them string it out.
As it is at the moment I can't see it going past 2 series. Few people saying episode 5 is better so hopefully it kicks on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.