What was your all time plot loss moment watching City, good or bad?

for me its the 1999 play off final 2.0 down sat in my seat at wembley and my big brother trying to drag me up out of the seat and saying let's go were done here well i could not move the thought of going back to manchester with them scummy c*nts having done the treble was a stage to far for me i was not leaving wembley they would have to drag me out of this dump the feeling deep in my body was enough is enough the hurt was like nothing else

head down that feeling when you know its over and this time it was really over all the memories start to flash back is this the manchester city that took my heart back in the days when we was a good team mid 1970s the sun always shines on maine road the crowds the kippax sea and the wave of fans moving across the stand even the dark days of the 1980s we had some joy with the promotions back to the top league and we always made relegation a city on tour the best times in football was city on tour and the plastic banana's the whole of the football world wanted what manchester city had we put the fun back into football

the thing i remember most of the 1999 play of final was city first goal its typical city they have to twist the knife they was not happy just to finish you off they had to leave a mark our kid said we scored i was still in shock head down in my own world the next thing the crowd give out this big roar that woke me from my sleep 5 MIN i INJURY TIME shouts our kid i can still hear the roar of the injury time board showing it was like getting your 2nd wind you knew something special was going to happen

Great post. You somehow managed to put into words the feelings of every Blue that day. I remember walking down Wembley way after the match in silence for what seemed like hours to get to the tube. Everyone was elated but just mentally exhausted after what City had just put us through (again!). Just sheepish smiles all round with not enough energy to do much else. I queued for nine hours at Maine Road to get tickets and a mate came over from South Africa especially for that game. We were in the Olympic Gallery and to add gloss to the occasion Noel Gallagher was sat about 3 rows away and I managed to have a chat and a pic with him. Happy days indeed!

I remember watching the Wigan cup final in South Africa. Bigged us up big time to the locals and felt like a right twat by the end of the day. I blame that match for me still being a twat now.

Crying when we got relegated against Luton in 83. I was 11 and at some football event at out local playing fields, listening to it on the radio. For reasons best known to himself, my Dad announced it over the PA system and then there were rags surrounding me and taking the piss.
My son now cries every time we go a goal behind. The youth of today have not got a clue how good they have it!

Crying when we got relegated against Luton in 83. I was 11 and at some football event at out local playing fields, listening to it on the radio. For reasons best known to himself, my Dad announced it over the PA system and then there were rags surrounding me and taking the piss.
My son now cries every time we go a goal behind. The youth of today have not got a clue how good they have it!

Yes Luton in 83. I was training with my football team when word came through on the radio that they'd scored. I just sat on the pitch desolate while the session was going on around me. My mates were laughing at me but that sense of shock still lingers even after all those years

Great post. You somehow managed to put into words the feelings of every Blue that day. I remember walking down Wembley way after the match in silence for what seemed like hours to get to the tube. Everyone was elated but just mentally exhausted after what City had just put us through (again!). Just sheepish smiles all round with not enough energy to do much else. I queued for nine hours at Maine Road to get tickets and a mate came over from South Africa especially for that game. We were in the Olympic Gallery and to add gloss to the occasion Noel Gallagher was sat about 3 rows away and I managed to have a chat and a pic with him. Happy days indeed!

thanks matey

and to think we all had to do it again with the QPR game hahahaha its never easy being a fan of manchester city good or bad you just never know

Wigan FA cup final.
The worst Typical City moment of all time. It was delayed action. I waited till Wigan had been presented with the trophy and appauded them but then I left and totally lost it on the journey home.
A total betrayal of the manager and the fans by club, board and players alike.

Last edited:
When that boring, miserable, horrible fucker Owen scored in the last minute. I looked behind me to see a look of despair in my own dad's eyes, heard the rags around us taking the piss, and I just went on an absolute tirade against football and the red SHITE.

I may have been slightly intoxicated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.