Why City's summer dealings could be very costly

Funnily enough I feel the opposite, I think for a while we've concentrated on the short term issues rather than the long term problems.

The title of the article is all wrong. I'm happy with the signings that we did make. Its the ones we didnt make that will (probably) cost us the title.

Jury's out to be honest and none of the new signings has really ripped up it up at this stage.

I like Nolito and Gundogan but the former isn't an automatic pick and the latter was only just establishing himself when he got injured. Good signings though IMO.

I'm optimistic about Stones but he has a lot to learn and prove. Very expensive.

Sane played well v Arsenal but looked lost before then. Hopefully one for the future. Very expensive.

Bravo has been pretty shit, not to put too fine a point on it. A statement signing which - for many Blues - has backfired.

Jesus looks an exciting prospect but will probably need a fair time to settle.

Others are loaned out and may or may not play in sky blue. We missed the opportunity to buy new full-backs, which has become more of a problem as the season has progressed.

There is always a huge element of risk when sign new players but it would be very harsh in blaming them if we didn't win the league this season. A good mixture of ones for the future (especially with the Gabriel Jesus signing) and established players. The risky signings were Gundogan, who had his fair share of injuries to begin with and with us signing a new keeper.

Last edited:
Not harsh at all Toma.
A high line defence with slow defenders and a keeper who is totally useless at closing down the long shot or on-on-one (the most common chance with give up from the combination of slow defenders and the high line) is just asking for trouble.

I'd say its been poor business overall. Stones, Sane and Sterling were well overpriced and paying 20 mill for a player with a long history of injuries did not make sense at all. I just wish we could play hard ball a bit more over the prices of these players. I wouldn't be surprised if we get shafted again if we sign that Southampton defender.

An OK article but bigger factors may determine the title such as missed easy chances, Kompany's injuries and Chelsea's record form.

Other factors like limited vocal support from the Etihad stands doesn't get a mention.

Yes the Academy is excellent but we can't claim to be truly dominant until we have won the FA youth cup.

I think it is fairly obvious we didn't pursue FBs because we planned on going to a back 3. It's why we were pursuing Stones and Laporte while having Otamendi and Kompany. Why Gundogan was the first signing. Why we were strangely linked with names like Lichtsteiner.

I'd say its been poor business overall. Stones, Sane and Sterling were well overpriced and paying 20 mill for a player with a long history of injuries did not make sense at all. I just wish we could play hard ball a bit more over the prices of these players. I wouldn't be surprised if we get shafted again if we sign that Southampton defender.
Bollocks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.