Why we haven't bought anyone yet

There was a lazy assumption amongst many City fans towards the end of last season, that it would be the easiest thing in the world to sell Jovetic, Nasri and Dzeko, to make way for these stellar signings.

In reality, this is going to drag on and on, until the last few days of the transfer window.

My heart wants City to sign two automatic first team choices, and then fill the remaining squad places with fringe home grown talent.

My head suggests that City have got themselves into a mess, and we’re going to end up with yet more rotational players, whilst spending £80m on two English players, worth around £40m combined.

If we make the mistake of waiting to sell before we buy again we may as well not even try. Pogba, de Bruyne, Sterling etc. will all be out of reach by the time we shifted our players if at all. I sincerely hope that this isn't the strategy here....

If some people are getting this wound up and stressed about something that is completely out of their hands, Lord above knows what must go on when they have an actual personal crisis.

Grab a Solero and STFU.

Sheesh

World class recruits are never going to be easy to get on board unless you're Barca or Real so I'm quite chilled about things as they stand. I'll only start flapping if we've not seen any action by the end of this month.

What I noticed with Juve's dealings with Pirlo, they weren't concerned so much about a transfer fee but getting the wages off their bill. Pirlo's move to NYCFC is what's to believe on a free even though he had 1 year left. The key for Juve was saving about €8M in wages.

For those who we are looking to off load that are on big wages, we shouldn't try to haggle to hard on the transfer fee when sending them to a non domestic rival. Lowering the wage bill is also key to FFP am I right?

If you want the best players, how do you lower the wage bill?

FFP is bollocks and we all know it - we are a club with no debt that is all that should matter.

I just think that given the choice some players would prefer Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG, Arsenal, Chelsea and you know who before committing to MCFC.

We should be looking at the next tier of players who are just under the radar of the aforementioned clubs, I am sure there are plenty who would suit us and the PL.

FFP is bollocks and we all know it - we are a club with no debt that is all that should matter.

I just think that given the choice some players would prefer Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, PSG, Arsenal, Chelsea and you know who before committing to MCFC.

We should be looking at the next tier of players who are just under the radar of the aforementioned clubs, I am sure there are plenty who would suit us and the PL.
By offering lower basic wages and add more towards bonuses, but I was mainly talking about selling players who look to be on the outs so we can bring new ones in.

I was thinking this exactly the other day. No matter how much we bid and pay if them top 3 clubs go in there's not much we can do.

I think FFP has a lot to do with us not actually buying anyone yet. The powers that be want to go through the new rules with a nit comb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.