Why we haven't bought anyone yet

As some ne'er do well suggested on here last night in another thread, we should hint that we'll buy Sterling off them, let them spend the cash, then say to them; "no thanks, we're not bothering".
Do you honestly believe Liverpool are that stupid?

No, but it's nice thought!
I suppose it is ha!

The other thought that we haven't actually gone back to Liverpool and haven't gone to Juve with our Pogba bid whilst still waiting for De Bruyne to speak to Wolfsburg before we decide what we are going to do is not so nice.

Did Txiki take anyone else with him on holiday I wonder? Maybe the transfer team went on a team bonding vacation

If we make the mistake of waiting to sell before we buy again we may as well not even try. Pogba, de Bruyne, Sterling etc. will all be out of reach by the time we shifted our players if at all. I sincerely hope that this isn't the strategy here....

Nowt to do with waiting for the transfer mate.
Regardless of our opinion of their ability, the fact remains that Dzeko, Nasri, and Jovetic are on good wages, and haven't asked for a transfer.
Subsequently, whilst you can force a club to sell, you can't force them to buy, and some of the Italian clubs will lurk on the periphery, deliberately making derisory bids, knowing perfectly well that City are desperate to offload some of these players.
In turn this will slow everything down.

Last edited:
Clubs will also want our potential signings to have as little preparation with us as possible. Liverpool might just wait till the very last minute. Make Sterling sweat. Juve might just try a late auction on the hunch we have no back-up. De Bruyne will be the earliest of any though.

I personally think Delph/Jagielka are worth 2 HG slots. I'd then go all out for the forgotten man in Europe instead of Sterling.... Mr Marco Reus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.