Windows 10

“It is our intent that most of these devices will qualify, but some hardware/software requirements apply and feature availability may vary by device. Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. ISP fees may apply. Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update required. Some editions are excluded: Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise, and Windows RT/RT 8.1. Active Software Assurance customers in volume licensing have the benefit to upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise outside of this offer. We will be sharing more information and additional offer terms in coming months.”

Think that means some Windows Enterprise customers may not qualify for the free upgrade.

I tried 10 preview on day one and was very impressed, i did have a few issues with xbox flashing software and a very dated tv card software (needed to dump babestation keys)

I can't be bothered to instal it.

Everything works fine on my windows 7 computer and new software usually means something will go wrong and need fixing or some device like a printer won't work at all.

Going to openly admit this and say that I thought it was going to automatically update considering I opted-in.

It hasn't.

How do I update?

Thanks in advance. Over to you guys.

moss.gif

I think it will automatically update, but they'll be rolling it out over the next few days. They aren't going to update everyone at the same time, the servers would crash.

Going to openly admit this and say that I thought it was going to automatically update considering I opted-in.

It hasn't.

How do I update?

moss.gif
it might be downloading in the background.
go to your C drive and see if you have this folder $WINDOWS.~BT
if you do then its downloading, should prompt you when its done.

It hasn't.

How do I update?

moss.gif
Bottom right of my screen,by the time was a little white windows symbol. I pressed that.

it might be downloading in the background.
go to your C drive and see if you have this folder $WINDOWS.~BT
if you do then its downloading, should prompt you when its done.
You have to turn on 'show hidden items' to show it, I've just checked and I've got a 6GB folder sitting there. I'll wait for the notification to install though since I have no idea if it's all there or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.