Worst XI since the takeover?

I'd been going (unofficially) since I was 6/7, used to jib the turnstile, lived facing the Maine stand (the outside not the kippax), then I became official 88/89... Pestered my dad to fuck off his mate, think he's hated me ever since lol...

As an 8/9 year old my old man took me everywhere, home and away (when we could), his drinking buddy at the city club and still to this day, however, he's one of the old school victor meldrews who saw the 'great sides' of 60s and 70s and never shut up about it (: - I mean when I'm worshipping tricky Ricky Holden, so slow he made Ron Kovic look fast without his wheelchair, he'd laugh, oh how he'd laugh....

They were all shite compared to today, but they were our shite and I wouldn't of had it any other way.....
Lol rick holden - what great pace he had! Do you remember when he ran straight into terry phelan - practically knocked each other out.

Lol rick holden - what great pace he had! Do you remember when he ran straight into terry phelan - practically knocked each other out.

I do mate, wasn't it v Chelsea in that white and red chess board monstrosity they adorned??

Loved little terry, Christ, imagine what he'd go for today, a player ahead of his time if not the tactics...

Worst 11 players I've seen in a city shirt-

Simon Tracey

Tony Scully
Rae Ingram
David Brightwell
Lee Briscoe

Neil Heaney
Steffen Karl
Simon Rodger

Barry Conlon
Dalian Atkinson
Carl Shutt

I do mate, wasn't it v Chelsea in that white and red chess board monstrosity they adorned??

Loved little terry, Christ, imagine what he'd go for today, a player ahead of his time if not the tactics...

Other than the famous FA cup goal, my fav Terry moment in a City shirt was away against Chelsea, before Matthew Hardling let alone Abramovic, when they used to park cars between the fans behind the goal and the goal itself. He scored, jumped the advertising boards to come to the fans to celebrate, saw the cars and how far we were away, thought fuck it, shrugged his shoulders, gave us the thumbs up before heading back over the boards to his position. The other goal was in another post code it was so far away. What a shit hole Stamford Bridge used to be.

As for tricky Ricky, he had to be skillful as he usually had to beat the full back 2 or 3 times as they could always get back at him and have another go at tackling him. I challenge anyone to name a slower winger that has played top flight football.

Yeah it was Chelsea, lost 1-0 if i remember. I used to pretend to be Phelan on the park after school. Had my city shirt with number 3 Phelan on the back. I used to knock the ball over the top of a few players and run like buggery to beat everyone to it. Bit like the run he did against Leeds when we beat them 4-0. Ha great days!

Other than the famous FA cup goal, my fav Terry moment in a City shirt was away against Chelsea, before Matthew Hardling let alone Abramovic, when they used to park cars between the fans behind the goal and the goal itself. He scored, jumped the advertising boards to come to the fans to celebrate, saw the cars and how far we were away, thought fuck it, shrugged his shoulders, gave us the thumbs up before heading back over the boards to his position. The other goal was in another post code it was so far away. What a shit hole Stamford Bridge used to be.

As for tricky Ricky, he had to be skillful as he usually had to beat the full back 2 or 3 times as they could always get back at him and have another go at tackling him. I challenge anyone to name a slower winger that has played top flight football.
Ha yeah he was a slouch. Had a great left peg at times for crossing. Great one for Quinn in the derby (the early kick off when half of manchester was still pissed).

Worst 11 players I've seen in a city shirt-

Simon Tracey

Tony Scully
Rae Ingram
David Brightwell
Lee Briscoe

Neil Heaney
Steffen Karl
Simon Rodger

Barry Conlon
Dalian Atkinson
Carl Shutt
Alfons Groenendijk - our only summer signing in 93 and was fair to say - a bit bobbins!

Your team was positively brimming with quality compared to the efforts of myself and @Mikejl

You had James in goal over Margetson or Tracy for start off, James was one of the best performers (with Dunney and Distin) in the dire Pearce team, you JCL no nowt.
Must be a glory hunter - never seen Geoff Lomax play I bet ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.