Yaya Toure

Not pushed close? Bollocks. I'd put Silva just ahead, then Yaya and Kun equal, then Tevez, then Kompany.
All about opinions. Personally I don't even have Silva close to those two. Between Yaya and Aguero though.......I've no idea, but I do think that if Yaya has a poor game, then our whole team suffers. For the money we've spent, that's shocking.

Yaya is the best City player I have ever seen since I started following in 1970. He is also one of the best players I have ever seen in any team in the world.

He is a legend and should be honoured as such.

I hate this line, and the wider story that has crept in to this thread. Both times we've won the league we've got over 80 points. Yet people assume it was Yaya wot won it because of crucial goals at Newcastle, Palace, or wherever. It's absolute nonsense. Just because you score the crucial goal or play well in a crucial game, it doesn't mean you've been the best player over the season.

Maradona is widely aknowledged to have won the 86 World Cup on his own, he didn't score in the final though.

It's probably fair to say Yaya has been more influential than Silva in big games like cup finals and the previously mentioned Newcastle and Palace games. But you have to look at the whole picture. For the 5 years they have been here Silva has been much more consistent and played at a higher level over the whole period. When he plays well, the team plays well.

Yaya has been a brilliant player for us, but Silva is the best I've ever seen in a City shirt, and I won't let the last 6 months when he's been playing on one leg affect that view.

I couldn't agree more!

Again, you're basing it on now when he's passed his best. In his prime he was anything but inconsistent. For what it's worth, he's been better and more consistent than Silva this season though...

Sorry pal but I've got to pull you up on that. He's blown hot and cold for a lot longer than just this season, admittedly he's been more hot than cold, but still the point stands.
Possibly as a result of the success we have achieved at the end of seasons, a lot of people seem to have airbrushed the numerous games where we needed the heart beat of our team to be thumping and it just didn't want to know.

Sunderland away (2013); he didn't give a shit; and there are many, many more examples if you think back.

Oh, and by the way, Sergio Aguero is a GOD

:)

Sorry pal but I've got to pull you up on that. He's blown hot and cold for a lot longer than just this season, admittedly he's been more hot than cold, but still the point stands.
Possibly as a result of the success we have achieved at the end of seasons, a lot of people seem to have airbrushed the numerous games where we needed the heart beat of our team to be thumping and it just didn't want to know.

Sunderland away (2013); he didn't give a shit; and there are many, many more examples if you think back.

Oh, and by the way, Sergio Aguero is a GOD

:)

For as many games as you say Yaya didn't do it, I can think of just as many, if not more, where Silva and Aguero didn't do it either. Games where we needed them as well. No player does it every single match, not even Messi himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.