Your Favourite City Memorabilia

i've got the holy grail

denis tueart's 1976 league cup final shirt along with a letter from alan kennedy
stating that this was the shirt he swapped with tueart at the end of the game.

cheers

'billy belters'

Didsbury Dave said:
kev1961 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
That's pretty damned impressive.

I bet the club would pay you handsomely for that.

the shirt was actually in the museuim at city until 2008 where alan kennedy lent it to the club. he then took it out of the museum and put it in auction. city had no money at the time, shinawatra etc etc to buy the shirt.

the club never even answered an email i sent them asking them if they wanted to loan the shirt back a couple of month ago.

cheers

Does Gary James know about this? The club should be looking after things like this - irreplaceable pieces of history.

I'm not currently working for City and had no idea the shirt was no longer on loan to them.

I was at the Club when the shirt came on loan a few years back and was absolutely delighted that it was loaned to us. For me this shirt is highly significant as it's the one Tueart scored the goal in (the shirt he kept was the one worn in the first half).

It wasn't actually Alan Kennedy who loaned it to City though, it was a fan who owned it at the time. There was no discussion while I was there about buying the shirt and I was in charge of the museum until Jan 2009 - the shirt was still on display at that point.

That fan is on this thread, Gary.

He contacted teh club to offer to lend it back and they never replied.

A signed programme from the final game of the 73-74 season. Think the bloke who signed it never played for the Blues again. I believe he scored that day as well. Buggered if I can remember his name or who we beat ?

1st division championship medal 1967/8
2nd division championship medal 1965/6
Frank Swifts Charity Shield medal 1937/8
Ernie Toselands Lancashire Cup medal 1929

Gary James said:
Didsbury Dave said:
kev1961 said:
the shirt was actually in the museuim at city until 2008 where alan kennedy lent it to the club. he then took it out of the museum and put it in auction. city had no money at the time, shinawatra etc etc to buy the shirt.

the club never even answered an email i sent them asking them if they wanted to loan the shirt back a couple of month ago.

cheers

Does Gary James know about this? The club should be looking after things like this - irreplaceable pieces of history.

I'm not currently working for City and had no idea the shirt was no longer on loan to them.

I was at the Club when the shirt came on loan a few years back and was absolutely delighted that it was loaned to us. For me this shirt is highly significant as it's the one Tueart scored the goal in (the shirt he kept was the one worn in the first half).

It wasn't actually Alan Kennedy who loaned it to City though, it was a fan who owned it at the time. There was no discussion while I was there about buying the shirt and I was in charge of the museum until Jan 2009 - the shirt was still on display at that point.

i'm not the city fan who loaned the shirt to the club.

i am still of the opinion that alan kennedy loaned the shirt ( not that it matters ) to the club, and not a fan. the reason being that in the sotherbys sale at the time was all of alan kennedys medals and shirts and memorabilia.

also i can't imagine a city fan who knows how important the shirt is would pull it out of the museum and stick it in sotherbys. can't see it if hes passionate enough to lend it the museum.

anyway the shirt should be in the museum i'm of the same opinion as you.

since the shirt has been in the museum last it has been signed across the front by denis himself.

it looks magnificent!!

cheers

I have a matchball signed by the City team including Peter Beardlsey.

As he was with us for such a short time I was told that it was the only ball he signed whilst with us and as such the only ball signed by the only player to play for both Liverpool clubs and "Manchester" clubs.

Don't know how true that is.

Dubai Blue said:
Barcon said:
Dubai Blue said:
Am I missing something? As impressive as that sounds, what's it got to do with City?

Woops. Meant 1966 (65-66), sorry.
I know a fair few Dippers who'd pay a pretty penny to take that off your hands ;-)

You can only win the league you'r in mate ;)

DSC00844.jpg

DSC00845.jpg

DSC00849.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.