Boys in Blue (Song)

They should remake it, tweak the lyrics and melody a bit. Maybe get Noel on board. Think it could work.

They should remake it, tweak the lyrics and melody a bit. Maybe get Noel on board. Think it could work.

Some time ago the club asked Oasis to write & record an official City song. Noel wrote a song called "Its tough being a Blue when you come from where I do". Unfortunately, due to licensing, who would release it, and royalties etc, nothing came of it. Apparently Noel kept the melody and it became Acquiese.

Even if we're playing down at Maine Road

Unusual choice of words, surely proof if any we're needed that the home fans used to get on their backs just as much back then?

Even if we're playing down at Maine Road

Unusual choice of words, surely proof if any we're needed that the home fans used to get on their backs just as much back then?

Why? The following lines after that are 'or if we play a million miles away, we'll always have our loyal fans behind us' quite opposite to what you're saying?

Why? The following lines after that are 'or if we play a million miles away, we'll always have our loyal fans behind us' quite opposite to what you're saying?
No he's right. The word 'even' doesn't work in the sentence.....BUT..it's part of the song's charm IMO.

Great that this , our club song got played after the game on Tues and good to hear some people round me singing along.

Found it a little insulting that as the last verse was played a small group decided to drown it out with bluemoon, which I love but could have been left till the end.

Great that this , our club song got played after the game on Tues and good to hear some people round me singing along.

Found it a little insulting that as the last verse was played a small group decided to drown it out with bluemoon, which I love but could have been left till the end.
Said the same, bluemoon would have been much better placed being sung just as bib finished.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.