Julian Weigl

Nonsense. Every key player Dortmund have sold in the last six year had no more than 1 year left on their contracts or, in Götze's case, a release clause. And because of the Götze transfer they no longer do release clauses. The whole "contracts mean very little in terms of a players longevity at a club" is absolute drivel spewed by clueless pundits, contracts are everything.
Sadly, I think this is spot on. Especially as he is a key player in a team being built by an up and coming, but potentially world class manager. I can't see him coming here unless Tuchel brings him whenever he takes over from Pep ;)

Is there any chance we can get this guy. Always impresses me when I watch him play for Dortmund and is the closest player to Busquets with maybe even better potential.
He can be our midfield pivot for a long term, only if Dortmund budge.

Is there any chance we can get this guy. Always impresses me when I watch him play for Dortmund and is the closest player to Busquets with maybe even better potential.
He can be our midfield pivot for a long term, only if Dortmund budge.
I think Aleix is just as good.

They're almost identical in style of play, Garcia could easily turn out to be the better player, he looks to have more about him going forward and should develop more physically than Weigl will in years to come.

A couple of years behind in the development stakes - so very hard to judge. Pep has a good feel for potential. I have a feeling that he sees Weigl as potentially 'right up there' and I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after him - as someone to anchor the midfield for the next 10 years.

A couple of years behind in the development stakes - so very hard to judge. Pep has a good feel for potential. I have a feeling that he sees Weigl as potentially 'right up there' and I wouldn't be surprised to see us go after him - as someone to anchor the midfield for the next 10 years.
More like being behind on the exposure sweep stakes. Frankly, I think Aliex is the most talented Pivot at City right now. Both Yaya and Dihno may be better footballers due to their overall talent and experience. But Aleix hits the balance way better than either player. He is more like Busquet and Weigl ( I.e Pep's ideal for a DM) than either of the senior guys.

I wish Aleix was more of a physical presence he would potentially be an amazing pivot.
Don't think he needs to be. Our system really doesn't require what I call "Kanterism"

Silva can play Pivot, and might very well do so in spots next year, and I trust he'll be fine. Aleix is more physical than David.

Don't think he needs to be. Our system really doesn't require what I call "Kanterism"

Silva can play Pivot, and might very well do so in spots next year, and I trust he'll be fine. Aleix is more physical than David.
Dont think he needs to be physical. However I do think Pep would prefer somebody with a bit of height to counter long high balls and set peices that he has found more of a weapon in the premier league. Nzonzi and Carvalho and Weigl all seem a better fit than Garcia , Silva or Isco to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.