Julian Weigl

Dont think he needs to be physical. However I do think Pep would prefer somebody with a bit of height to counter long high balls and set peices that he has found more of a weapon in the premier league. Nzonzi and Carvalho and Weigl all seem a better fit than Garcia , Silva or Isco to me.
For high balls, sure. But I sincerely doubt that is going to be a deciding factor on who plays pivot. I doubt it would even be a consideration. What a player helps us achieve when we have the ball is far more important than whether They are out jumped once or 2ice in the middle during the course of a game.

Besides it is not winning the a jump ball that concerns Pep ( at least if we believe his interviews.) Rather its how well we win the 2nd ball. I.e how often we win possession after an air duel. If we are winning 70% of 2nd balls in midfield, its irrelevant who's head got to the ball first in the jump itself.

On the other hand defending headers in the box or around it seem to be more of a concern of his if the links to the likely fullbacks are true. Heinrich is 6 feet tall and Berciche is 5"11.

Not that I think their heights are particularly determinative of interest either. I think their style and talent on the ball is more indicative

So no, I don't think Carhvahlo or Nzonzi are better fits because of their heights. They 'll have to in fact be better footballers both technically and tactically, and I'm certain Nzonzi isn't. Cahvahlo I have yet to see the hype outside of his YouTube videos.

Isco and Silva are just better players than the aforementioned. As for Garcia, it will come down to Pep's faith or believe. Talent and comfort wise he looks every bit the part.

Last edited:
I think he is quality but would rather stick with a. garcia who imo will be class for us

For high balls, sure. But I sincerely doubt that is going to be a deciding factor on who plays pivot. I doubt it would even be a consideration. What a player helps us achieve when we have the ball is far more important than whether They are out jumped once or 2ice in the middle during the course of a game.

Besides it is not winning the a jump ball that concerns Pep ( at least if we believe his interviews.) Rather its how well we win the 2nd ball. I.e how often we win possession after an air duel. If we are winning 70% of 2nd balls in midfield, its irrelevant who's head got to the ball first in the jump itself.

On the other hand defending headers in the box or around it seem to be more of a concern of his if the links to the likely fullbacks are true. Heinrich is 6 feet tall and Berciche is 5"11.

Not that I think their heights are particularly determinative of interest either. I think their style and talent on the ball is more indicative

So no, I don't think Carhvahlo or Nzonzi are better fits because of their heights. They 'll have to in fact be better footballers both technically and tactically, and I'm certain Nzonzi isn't. Cahvahlo I have yet to see the hype outside of his YouTube videos.

Isco and Silva are just better players than the aforementioned. As for Garcia, it will come down to Pep's faith or believe. Talent and comfort wise he looks every bit the part.

Nzonzi is good technically and tactically. Having small players works in europe but there's game in the league where you need a bit of strength and height. If yaya and Fernando leave, we've got a team full of midgets.

Nzonzi is good technically and tactically. Having small players works in europe but there's game in the league where you need a bit of strength and height. If yaya and Fernando leave, we've got a team full of midgets.
I don't think it's that important. We didn't suffer in the air when Yaya was on his hiatus. And Fernando is pretty much a deep bench backup.

I think our players ability to control play with their technical skill is more important. And the more technically proficient our players are the better. The only exception being on defence.

I do wonder if we will be in for Dahoud, who is a similar player and will be available for much much cheaper..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.