City pre-season tour of US - v United 20th / Real Madrid 26th / Spurs 29th July

No-one over here will be watching that then,shame
I won't on principal.

It's a lose lose for us. The moneymen think it'll be great exposure for the "brand". If we win the press will state it's all about Peggy in transition and the result means nothing. If we lose Pep has lost the team etc.....Making Bobby V Balo look like a love story.

It's a bullshit fixture for a glorified Thomas cook trophy. Would rather we stayed here played Rochdale,Oldham etc and we promoted ourselves as helping local clubs survive than chase the dollar. Leave that bullshit to the rags.

The International Champions Cup is becoming more popular each year wether we like it or not all the "big" clubs from Europe are regularly taking part, to promote the brand of course nothing else.
With no international tournaments this summer there maybe stronger teams fielded.

Not convinced about these tours personally.

I remember Van Gaal mentioning the other year that when United toured The U.S. he barely had time to coach the team.

Surely with a huge replenishing job coming up this summer Pep and the club should put success at the end of next season as a priority?

Not convinced about these tours personally.

I remember Van Gaal mentioning the other year that when United toured The U.S. he barely had time to coach the team.

Surely with a huge replenishing job coming up this summer Pep and the club should put success at the end of next season as a priority?

Me neither, but then I've been hanging out for Dale v City, or better still, City v Dale! Ah well, I suppose it goes under the heading 'progress'!

I have an inkling as crazy as it sounds that it might be Austin Texas!

Very possible. The stadium at the University of Texas can accomodate over 100k. Other options are Dallas or Houston but they are smaller, 80k & 75k respectively. We all know this is about money and en extra 20-25k arses in the seats would be attractive to the organizers.

The late kick-off time for the East Coast of the USA would also point to it being in Texas. I can't see another California game but could be maybe Denver or Phoenix which would mean the match would start at 2000 hours.

Last edited:
Very possible. The stadium at the University of Texas can accomodate over 100k. Other options are Dallas or Houston but they are smaller, 80k & 75k respectively. We all know this is about money and en extra 20-25k arses in the seats would be attraxtive to the organizers.

The late kick-off time for the East Coast of the USA would also point to it being in Texas. I can't see another California game but could be maybe Denver or Phoenix which would mean the match would start at 2000 hours.

Isn't Texas only an hour behind ET? That would make it a 9:00pm kick off (ET).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.