What if we struggle next season?

It's a tough topic to discuss this.

You can easily come across as a spoilt brat when suggesting that it's been a poor season because we're very likely to finish in the top 3 and get into the FA Cup final.

However, losing 4-0 at Everton, being 4-0 down at Leicester, only winning 2 matches so far against anyone in the top 7 in the league and going out of the champions league the way we did would have attracted so much bad feeling towards pretty much any other manager other than Pep. I almost feel like a hypocrite for not being dissatisfied as I surely would have been fuming had Manuel Pellegrini still been in charge. Let's not forget either that Arsenal could beat us in the semi final so would that change anybody's thoughts?

The flip side is that I personally feel that were on the brink of something phenomenal. We play some gorgeous stuff at times and Pep has not reverted to playing style that may have made is more solid looking so we have a clear identity. An identity that will be a lot stronger when he's spent a few quid on players that he feels will improve us and got rid of a few that don't fit in.

It'll be a far more level playing field too next season with all the big boys having to balance Europe with the rigours of the Premier League too.

I'm a but disappointed with this season if I'm being totally honest but I also like what I've seen for a lot of the season which will only get better and hopefully more consistent for the seasons ahead.

We have to realize despite Peps arrival being akin to the second coming. his last two jobs were a damn sight easier than the one he has chosen with us. we maybe rolling in money but that brings its own pressure for immediate success so with another 200 mill expected outlay this summer he will no doubt cop it from the press if we are defending like a pub team next season

It's stuff made by a company called dsquared2 which the club has a sponsorship with. Pep has to wear their clothes on the touch line and the whole squad and staff wear their clothes when travelling.

cheers for that, would thought all that would be Nike's domain.

So basically you what tony pulis in charge.

to be honest, when i get my bald head, i'll be super glueing a cap to my head lol

Sack Guardiola and sign exactly who? 90 percent of current squad players belong to pep's latin posession pas football philosophy. So if you sack him you must hire emery, tuchel or something like that. Simeone and other managers need physical players not silva, stones or laporte. I think sacking guardiola does not make sense if you consider that he already changed philosophy of club.

It's a tough topic to discuss this.

You can easily come across as a spoilt brat when suggesting that it's been a poor season because we're very likely to finish in the top 3 and get into the FA Cup final.

However, losing 4-0 at Everton, being 4-0 down at Leicester, only winning 2 matches so far against anyone in the top 7 in the league and going out of the champions league the way we did would have attracted so much bad feeling towards pretty much any other manager other than Pep. I almost feel like a hypocrite for not being dissatisfied as I surely would have been fuming had Manuel Pellegrini still been in charge. Let's not forget either that Arsenal could beat us in the semi final so would that change anybody's thoughts?

The flip side is that I personally feel that were on the brink of something phenomenal. We play some gorgeous stuff at times and Pep has not reverted to playing style that may have made is more solid looking so we have a clear identity. An identity that will be a lot stronger when he's spent a few quid on players that he feels will improve us and got rid of a few that don't fit in.

It'll be a far more level playing field too next season with all the big boys having to balance Europe with the rigours of the Premier League too.

I'm a but disappointed with this season if I'm being totally honest but I also like what I've seen for a lot of the season which will only get better and hopefully more consistent for the seasons ahead.

Good post. Sums up how I feel more or less. I would also throw in that we have been a lot better this season than last against the top teams despite the results.

I'm a massive pep fan.
But if this time next year we were in the same position do you think Pepsi job would be under threat.
Been having a heated discussion with a bloke at work about it.
He thinks we would sack him.
I say we wouldn't.

We won't Pep is a winner and he will bring in the right players and get rid of the dead wood. Even he realised that this job will take longer than he expected.

If we start sacking managers after one season then we are only going to end up like Manure or Chelsea.

with another 200 mill expected outlay this summer he will no doubt cop it from the press if we are defending like a pub team next season
and rightly so imo. I've been pretty underwhelmed so far and being honest I'm not totally convinced that we are ever going to be the world beaters some think Pep will make us but I hope to be proved wrong on that. Anyone suggesting we should sack him is off their tits though, assuming anyone is seriously suggesting that?

There will be a positive if our season is just as bad , (champs league football and another visit to wembley what a disaster) maybe the tossers who post all the negative shite in the matchday and post match forums will f*ck off and take their glory hunting , plastic , remote control holding mates with them and leave our club to genuine supporters who do not think football was invented in 2012.

Well said.

We have to realize despite Peps arrival being akin to the second coming. his last two jobs were a damn sight easier than the one he has chosen with us. we maybe rolling in money but that brings its own pressure for immediate success so with another 200 mill expected outlay this summer he will no doubt cop it from the press if we are defending like a pub team next season

He will cop it from me too. Disappointing this season overall. Needs to do better next. No excuses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.