Virgil van Dijk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id agree but bearing in mind Pep saying we need a bit more physicallity to deal with the Costa, Lukaku types think he may go fo Van Dijk over Laporte.

I think in that scenario he goes for Bonucci.

All round though, I think another run on Laporte is very possible and he would potentially offer more in Pep's system than any other CB that could come on the market.

I think in that scenario he goes for Bonucci.

All round though, I think another run on Laporte is very possible and he would potentially offer more in Pep's system than any other CB that could come on the market.
Bonucci is anything but a physical centre half, he's powder puff compared to either VVD or Laporte.

Can't imagine we would shell out £100m on two new center backs!! Still think pep will want bonnuci as his first choice and Laporte as his second

Bonucci is anything but a physical centre half, he's powder puff compared to either VVD or Laporte.
Totally agree. Offtop: if we're getting only one CD this summer (I don't think we can afford more), we'll need a backup for Stones anyway, and bearing in mind Vinny's health.. .. I'm afraid we are bound to watch some more headless chicken runs next season. You know what I mean.

If we manage to sell Otamendi for £30mil, we could see both Laporte and Van Dijk being signed. 3atb with Laporte, VvD and Stones would be brilliant

Though I tend to agree, and Bonucci's strengths lie in his passing and vision, the media took Pep's comments to be speaking of Bonucci. MEN here and Calciomercato in Italy both picked it up as further evidence of City's interest in him.

In my mind, Laporte is our top choice, as he was last summer, and the club will likely try again especially if he's unhappy at Bilbao. He is absolutely perfect for Pep's system and is at just the right age for our squad. That said, City's interest in Bonucci is undeniable, particularly after his wife's candid admissions, and given his very public falling out with the powers that be at Juve, it's not unthinkable he could be a Blue next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.