What if we struggle next season?

There will be a positive if our season is just as bad , (champs league football and another visit to wembley what a disaster) maybe the tossers who post all the negative shite in the matchday and post match forums will f*ck off and take their glory hunting , plastic , remote control holding mates with them and leave our club to genuine supporters who do not think football was invented in 2012.
The good old days - Would be difficult to accept those with the "best" manager in the world and the most talented squad on paper in PL.

Well we won't be as bad. The way the team plays as a unit has improved a lot and with better Fullbacks, Centre-Halfs , DMs and a Keeper worthy of the name we'd be pretty decent.
But if we were as bad, I don't think Txiki would around too long.

What if next season's as bad as this one? Bloody hell - what if Donald Trump gets re-elected? What if there's another suicide bomber, what if the ice caps melt more than they did last year, what if the missus, the cat, me get sick again? Maybe all of the above, or maybe folk could try just to enjoy the good times while they're here.

There will be a positive if our season is just as bad , (champs league football and another visit to wembley what a disaster) maybe the tossers who post all the negative shite in the matchday and post match forums will f*ck off and take their glory hunting , plastic , remote control holding mates with them and leave our club to genuine supporters who do not think football was invented in 2012.

One of the best posts ever that I have read on this forum.

Thank you for making my day.

He wont get sacked, mainly because who else is there to bring in?

We should improve with some new signings but so will Chelsea and Tottenham. We need 6-7 top quality players but won't get them all.

It's a tough topic to discuss this.

You can easily come across as a spoilt brat when suggesting that it's been a poor season because we're very likely to finish in the top 3 and get into the FA Cup final.

However, losing 4-0 at Everton, being 4-0 down at Leicester, only winning 2 matches so far against anyone in the top 7 in the league and going out of the champions league the way we did would have attracted so much bad feeling towards pretty much any other manager other than Pep. I almost feel like a hypocrite for not being dissatisfied as I surely would have been fuming had Manuel Pellegrini still been in charge. Let's not forget either that Arsenal could beat us in the semi final so would that change anybody's thoughts?

The flip side is that I personally feel that were on the brink of something phenomenal. We play some gorgeous stuff at times and Pep has not reverted to playing style that may have made is more solid looking so we have a clear identity. An identity that will be a lot stronger when he's spent a few quid on players that he feels will improve us and got rid of a few that don't fit in.

It'll be a far more level playing field too next season with all the big boys having to balance Europe with the rigours of the Premier League too.

I'm a but disappointed with this season if I'm being totally honest but I also like what I've seen for a lot of the season which will only get better and hopefully more consistent for the seasons ahead.
Good post. Pretty much how I feel about this season.

We should improve with some new signings but so will Chelsea and Tottenham. We need 6-7 top quality players but won't get them all.

I think we will mate as pep will demand it and the board seem to be bowing down to everything that he wants? I thought it was telling in the interview in abu dhabi that pep said when he spoke to the owner that he said the project starts from day one again? this is the end of a cycle with hart,yaya,vinny,kolarov,nasri,zabba and most of the old guard into a new era and a new fresh start. will be our biggest spend by quite a distance imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.