Cycling - hints, tips and routes

According to a report on Sky News if you cycle you can cut your cancer risk in half, how do they quantify that with all the traffic fumes you are breathing in?

According to a report on Sky News if you cycle you can cut your cancer risk in half, how do they quantify that with all the traffic fumes you are breathing in?
Because those same traffic fumes are also in your car, without the benefit of lots of additional fresh air.

Go to Cycling.tfgm.com for cycling maps around greater Manchester. You can download them or order free paper maps online

I've got the whole set for Gtr Manchester. Used the Trafford one today for a jaunt out to the Trafford Centre. Passed the Swamp twice. Might need a visit to the quack to get checked on if I come out with something over the next few days, but the route from Victoria is quite simple if yer remember to turn right at that funny little bridge with the cobbles and steps on!

There's loads, and there'll be even more in the next couple of years, of off-road paths. Route 66 is a favourite of Mrs Ewing and myself. Our daily training route of ten miles or so goes down the Rochdale Canal. We often cycle down to the Velodrome via the towpath.

If yer don't like what's available in GB then I would recommend a few days in Holland. Absolutely fantastic for cyclists. The Netherlands - the cyclist is 'de Koning'! Those bastards in cars have to wait for yer! Love it!

bike.png

As far as I'm concerned you can ride where you like, just keep your perverted pants and fashionable head wear off the fucking roads
well said, why does everyone have to look like Eddy Merckx when they're just biking down the road. I like to overtake those poseurs when I'm just wearing jeans and no helmet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.