Daily Mail Article (Pep allegedly wants improved atmosphere)

I don't know then, surely it must be the traffic outside.

I have heard that if you do leave at the 80-85min mark, getting out of one of parking areas around the ground can save 30 minutes if not 45 minutes + depending on where you are going.

I've thought about this again and agree the trams will have an effect
There's a group of 7 of us that all sit together. 3 of which are over 60 and use the tram to get back to Piccadilly to get the train home.

They all leave early every game to get on the tram before it gets busy because they can't do the waiting at the tram stop at the ground to get into town. Whether that's they can't be arsed with the waiting or physically unable to stand/queue for health reasons I don't know. But there's just under 50% of our group that leave early for this reason

I've thought about this again and agree the trams will have an effect
There's a group of 7 of us that all sit together. 3 of which are over 60 and use the tram to get back to Piccadilly to get the train home.

They all leave early every game to get on the tram before it gets busy because they can't do the waiting at the tram stop at the ground to get into town. Whether that's they can't be arsed with the waiting or physically unable to stand/queue for health reasons I don't know. But there's just under 50% of our group that leave early for this reason

What did they do before the tram?
It's only been running to the stadium for a couple of years

1. Reduce tickets to £20 a game. The club can afford to and nobody can tell me any different.
2. Have a word with Showsec. Can't ask us to create an atmosphere if your security is doing the opposite.
3. Reduce beer prices. More beer = More Singing
4. Turn off music and those awful promos 15 minutes before the game. I know they have contracts with Nissan and the likes where they have to show adverts, just renegotiate and only play the adverts at half time. Let us build the atmosphere pre-game.
5. Work with the 1984 group to fund bigger and better displays. Good way to start a game and get the south stand going.
6. It would be nice if the players celebrated more passionately like Vincent Kompany, instead of trying to find the player who assisted them so they can give them a bloody team hug. If the players are passionate we'll be passionate.
7. Publicly back the city fans in the media when we get criticised; through either the manager, website or our social media accounts etc. So many city fans are not enjoying football at the moment, really feel as if everyone is getting on ours backs and the club aren't helping at all.
8. Ban season ticket holders from renewing (not buying future one off tickets though) if they don't turn up to a certain % of games in a season.

Believe it or not, it's the team's job to win matches, not entertain the crowd.

It's a symbiotic relationship

The atmosphere is shite regardless of how well we perform with the exception of a few big games like Monaco. Delph trying to get the fans awake is an example of how nonplussed a lot of fans are and how it's bollocks to suggest it's performance related.

There are plenty of reasons why it's lacking and to lay the blame at the feet of the players is a cop out to be quite honest.

Great post. Unless we admit we have a problem we will never solve it. Ultimately only the fans can improve the atmosphere by taking individual and collective responsibility. Saddens me sometimes when I see highlights of our games in the 80's/90's, the team was shite mostly but we were engaged and passionate fans. We literally saved the club in it's darkest hour by turning out and making noise we were that good.

Think they drove in/got a lift but arrangements change. One of the fellas won't be coming back next season as he is now very ill. The other one used to get a lift in with his son but now the son gets the train in so he has to rely on the tram.

Ultimately, it's the teams job to get the crowd pumped and not the other way round.

fred-farid-rear-horsepower-porsche-911-4.jpg

Think they drove in/got a lift but arrangements change. One of the fellas won't be coming back next season as he is now very ill. The other one used to get a lift in with his son but now the son gets the train in so he has to rely on the tram.

That's fair enough
If the new parking restrictions do come into place then God knows what I'll do

Currently from the end of the match to home, 30 miles away, it takes me just over an hour
It may take me that long to get on a tram

There does seem to be an increase in early leavers since the trams started running to the stadium. That said, it doesn't seem to me that the queues for the tram are that big (relative to the size of the crowd).

It does seem to be something of a vicious circle at the moment. The early leavers have started leaving even earlier because more fans have started leaving early to avoid getting held up behind the early leavers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.