Seasoncard Renewals 2017/18

Can't believe some of the tripe written in this thread.

Modern football is shite. We all know that. But the angry mob jumping on this £1 a month increase is pathetic. Dozens of things worth moaning about at City, some real serious mistakes by the club ..but this ain't one of them. Ask any other club would they accept 50p a game for an annual £125m net spend and they would snap your hand off. Just not for our 'I preferred it when we were shit' brigade. At least it will give us another excuse for empty seats or leaving early next year.

As for the balloons on here making multiple posts everyday that they have had enough with City. Good. Bye.

Sheikh Mansour bought the club in 2008. 9 years ago this Summer.

Reading your post season tickets should have gone up by £108 across the board. After all, they'be only gone up by £1 a month haven't they?

When in reality.....

My season ticket used to be £400. It's now £665. Where's that £1 a month increase gone?

My season ticket has increased by nearly £30 a season over the last 9 seasons. This season was the only season it didn't rise due to the fans complaining about constant season ticket price increases before the start of this season.

Other Season tickets across the stadium are even more expensive. £900, etc.

Add to that the increase in beer, drinks, water(£1.50 for a small bottle), food, programmes, parking, merchandise, matchday ticket prices(up to £60), citizen card price increases, platinum £50 prices, etc, and your £1 a season price increase starts reading like a load of bollocks. Apologies for being so blunt.

You can also add no communication between the club and the fans, fans being turfed out of their seats to make way for the tunnel club, while the plebs on the concourses have to grapple each other to get served at the bars, Showsec, searches before going into the ground, issues with tickets, Glasgow, etc.

And then you wonder why that £1 a month increase isn't such a good deal after all, and why fans are rightly pissed off with the club ATM.

Last edited:
he's still right though. Who really believes that MCFC is run by and for its supporters. It never was. The board is tasked with football and commercial operations. They just happen to have made a mess of the football side of it, and now fans have realised that the team that they thought was Champions elect under super coach Guardiola is quite some way off where we should be. We scale Everest once. Now we've got to do it again, but I suppose we're starting from Everest base camp this time, or perhaps K2, instead of the mariannas trench

I am not sure where he has written or I have disagreed with the assertion that previous that MCFC is run by and for its supporters.

My issue with his post was the trivialising of people's complaints and not acknowledging their were legitimate concerns from supporters.

You are probably correct the ownership of the club was probably never managed to benefit the supporters however I think similarly, in this post, you have failed to recognise the valid criticisms of mgmt and are inferring that fans disharmony is correlated with events on the field, I very much doubt that is the case.

Whether it be the Tunnel, Joes, Priority tickets, away tickets it appears to grass roots supporters priority is being given to those with the deepest pockets and that would naturally result in criticism by those who propped up the club in less financially rewarding times.

Last edited:
If my views wind you up jrb then that's yours to own, doesn't make me a merchant, and sure the masses on here don't need you to tell them what to take seriously or not..

Your views don't wind me up. I just smiled then laughed when I read them.

Only a comedy genius could right stuff like that.

Carry on with your (MCFC) script.

good post mate. its as if you can't criticize anything the club do now, you have to just accept everything.people with genuine concerns and people who have been going for years priced out, but you get responses about ' wanting to go back in time and "harping on about why he can no longer get a boiled dog Berger from piss water outside the ground for 80p" ( literally no one has said anything like that) . its a bit ridiculous really. and then apparently because we've been mismanaged in the past we can't disagree with parts of management now.

usual responses
" thats the price of success"
" would you rather be playing against york again"

I know. It's always very much black and white with some people. Yoor either with us or against us.

I am extremely grateful for the events over the last few years but it does not mean I do not have reservations about the direction of the club and it's prioritising of a more corporate clientele even if that means uprooting fans from their seats and the like.

The price increase this year is neither here nor there but acts as an example of the direction the club is taking which has resulted for many in a disconnection from the club. There are wider issues than the couple of quid increase but some people seem desperate to trivialise them.

Last edited:
I've just spent £770 for my season ticket, a practice I've done annually since the mid to late late 70's.

At the moment I can afford it, however there might come a time in the future when I can't, but thats not now.

I'm looking forward to the close season.

A family holiday, watching some cricket at both International, County and Lancashire League level.

Then it all begins again in August!!!

I think deep down we have always known as supporters where we stand, or sit in the pecking order. When times weren't so bad the club pushed the prices up a bit and people were waiting to step in if others didn't pay it. Did the club give a fuck about the fans? No. When the shit hit the fan and we dropped to the old third division they were on bended knees begging us not to desert them.Did the club give a fuck about the fans? No, but they wanted our support to keep the club alive, so there was almost a power transference to the supporters, for a short while.

Fast forward to the takeover and the club held all the power. After years of paying to watch shit football and footballers on the whole, with no prospect of ever winning another trophy we now had hope and in spite of some minor concerns we swallowed the increases because we wanted to be part of this new era after decades in the wilderness. There still seemed to be a connection though with the fans, that bond, the right noises were made, they seemed to fight our corner, understand the needle with the rags, that detestable banner, how much it meant to us to now be able to compete. I can't pinpoint exactly when, where or how but this changed, almost without us seeing it. The season ticket increase isn't the major issue for the annoyance, it is just a catalogue of small insidious issues that has alienated a large proportion of our fan base and if I was the club I would be very concerned indeed.

But you said I was a wind up merchant , but now I don't wind you up, make your mined up !! Strange sence of hummer...

You've probably wound up a few BM posters on here with that post.

I didn't take you or your post seriously. I'm sure quite a few others on here didn't either.

Saying that, if you're so happy with the club ATM, you would' to waste your time on this thread.

You're better off on the transfer forum, or the new shirt thread.

Both of those threads should make you even happier.

An exciting end of season and pre-season awaits.

Then roll on next season, and it all starts again. :-)

Maybe for you Frank but some people will be swept along. There has been plenty of valid criticisms of the Club and the price increase is a mistake. That said, I sense some posters won't be happen until their criticisms reach the media. No doubt the click bait approach will drive advertising revenues to this forum.

If that's a ban for me so be it because the constant negativity on here, across many threads, is every bit as much a puss take as the Club's very poor pricing policy.

I would not like the media to do our bidding but is there any dialogue between the club and fan groups? I am sure I read those meetings have stopped of late.

I do understand people's concerns at the direction of the club, and share some of them, but you are correct there are still many positives about the club, which I have benefitted from, and that does need acknowledging also.

Is that true? Only club in the league to increase?

Chelsea have frozen and reduced a few prices despite them being favourites to win the league. Here we are increasing season ticket prices whilst struggling to finish top 4. Liverpool have frozen their prices and they're currently doing better than us in the league. Their neighbours have frozen and reduced prices in certain areas. Burnley have frozen their prices too. That's all I know so far...

...Oh and even the rags have frozen their prices.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.