Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone knows why Sergio isn't involved with the national side? Is he injured?
Not selected simply, but I hope this wasn't exactly Sampaoli's squad as there were some issues still when they had to announce the squad. They know each other with Pep and have mutual respect so if he plays like he finished this season, I guess he'll be back, even though admittedly Sergio never really kicked on his international career.

I see, thanks.
So, Sergio is on holiday then, I presume?

Not selected simply, but I hope this wasn't exactly Sampaoli's squad as there were some issues still when they had to announce the squad. They know each other with Pep and have mutual respect so if he plays like he finished this season, I guess he'll be back, even though admittedly Sergio never really kicked on his international career.

Anyone knows why Sergio isn't involved with the national side? Is he injured?

From what I've heard Aguero is as highly rated for the Argentina national team by Argentine fans as as John Stones is for the England team by non-City Ingerlund fans.

Except unlike with Stones, Argentina have plenty of alternative players to Aguero to play instead of him.

From what I've heard Aguero is as highly rated for the Argentina national team by Argentine fans as as John Stones is for the England team by non-City Ingerlund fans.

Except unlike with Stones, Argentina have plenty of alternative players to Aguero to play instead of him.

Yeah he's not been in terribly great form for the national side recently and he's fallen out of favour I believe.

Speaking to Chinese news outlet Xinhua, the 29-year-old has again made it clear where his loyalties lie.

“I still have two years on my contract with Manchester City,” Agüero replied when asked if he would ‘definitely’ remain at City next season. “I feel very happy here, so I will fulfill my contract to stay here until the end of my deal. I have not thought about where to play next. I just want to focus on the work here.”

El Kun also gave a review of his performances last season, in which he scored a career-high 33 goals in all competitions.

“I think my season was not bad. My form was pretty good. That is true I missed a lot of games and that stopped me from helping the team score more goals. But overall it was a very positive season.”

“I feel very happy here, so I will fulfill my contract to stay here until the end of my deal. I have not thought about where to play next. I just want to focus on the work here.”
I thought he always talked about playing just for Independiente before retiring? Does this mean he's thinking about another competitive team?

Very good video that illustrates some fundamental problems with Kun's game in Guardiola's system.

The portion of this video where the guy 'opines' that Yaya doesn't pass to Aguero because he knows Aguero is not a playmaker is silly. Rather what that showed shows more of was Yaya's inability to see the field properly.

Perhaps we need better decisions from that position.

The portion of this video where the guy 'opines' that Yaya doesn't pass to Aguero because he knows Aguero is not a playmaker is silly. Rather what that showed shows more of was Yaya's inability to see the field properly.

Perhaps we need better decisions from that position.

Maybe it's the wrong decision not to pass to him but I recon if you made a video of every game Aguero played this season, you will find similar examples of him miscontrolling a ball with defenders closing on him. I have argued it many times in defence of Kelechi, who gets all manner of criticism if he does the same (no first touch etc) It is a fault imo, but he's working on it & has improved , plus he is better with another goalscoring type of player around him taking defenders away (but will only pass to them if they are good, he would only really work with Tevez).

Yaya can see him alright.

Not read all of this thread. But am i the only one that had doubts as to whether Kun would stay with City - not because he isn't a great player (he is)
but more because he might not enjoy playing in Pep's system? Not his 'natural game' as such, so best to part ways. And yet, towards the end of the season,
it seemed like Kun's game had regained its spark...as if he said to himself 'f*ck, I enjoy this more than before, even if it is different from what brought success
before.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.